Reset Virtual Column Value

Hi All

I have a table that has a virtual column that I want to use to show messages based on the input, however the column seems to hold the last value.

How can I reset it to BLANK so that it starts the form blank.

Thank you

0 6 262
  • UX
6 REPLIES 6

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

Please post a screenshot demonstrating the unwanted behavior. Please also post a screenshot of the virtual columnโ€™s complete App formula expression.

This is the formula in the column:
IF(ANY(SELECT(BOOKINGS[No Players], ([GNAME] = [_THISROW].[GNAME])))>=ANY(SELECT(BOOKINGS[Max], ([GNAME] = [_THISROW].[GNAME]))),โ€œThis game has already the Max Players allowed. If you continue, you will be waitlisted as per the rules.โ€,"")

This is the screen when you enter it. MSG should be blank and only appear if the condition is met.

Thank you

I donโ€™t understand what your App formula expression is doing. Please explain what you want it to do using plain language and no AppSheet terms.

If the [No of Players] of a the selected [GAME] is >= the [Maximum] allowed players for the game, set the text in the field to โ€œhis game has already the Max Players allowed. If you continue, you will be waitlisted as per the rules.โ€ or โ€œโ€ if the condition is false.

I hope this explains it better.

IFS(
  AND(
    ISNOTBLANK([GNAME]),
    ISNOTBLANK(
      FILTER(
        "BOOKINGS",
        AND(
          ([GNAME] = [_THISROW].[GNAME]),
          ([No Players] >= [Max])
        )
      )
    )
  ),
  โ€œThis game has already the Max Players allowed. If you continue, you will be waitlisted as per the rules.โ€
)

Thank you. Worked !!!

Top Labels in this Space