[RESOLVED: Login Failures to Apps] Some new Workspace/GSuite users receiving "Error validating external account. Please try again"

We are investigating the root cause of some users receiving following error message when trying to login: "Error validating external account. Please try again"

We will post with more updates as our team is investigating the root cause.

Update 11:45 am PST

Impact as we know it:
If a Workspace1 โ†’ User invites New User also a workspace one (Who never had an account with Appsheet before) then they are blocked from logging in.

Update 10:30 pm PST
We have identified the root cause and release a fix. Our preliminary test shows most new Workspace Users are able to login into Apps

We apologize the inconvenience caused.

4 10 648
10 REPLIES 10

I encountered this error around 8:30 a.m. (EST) This is my first app and I assumed it was an error on my part. It is frustrating to say the least.

Hello there, is there any update on this issue? I deployed our first AppSheet app to much fanfare this morning to 50 people only to have them not be able to log in. Iโ€™d love to let them know if there is a timeline for a fix. Thank you!

Hello @David_Fuge , apologies for the issue. We have recently released more tighter integration with Workspace customers. This introduced bugs for new users for Workspace customers.

We are pushing in a fix as we speak. We will update back once we have the release and it fixes the issue.

Hi, any update on this issue? Thanks!

@Red_Jaques_Bernaldez The issue should be fixed now. We released a fix to address a race condition that got introduced recently as part of workspace integration

Confirmed it works

• Raised this issue this morning (2Mar21)
  • Google Gsuite business account
  • Able to access app as of 11:40PM MDT tonight

GOOD WORK!

Hello,
It works now. Everything is OK. Thank you!

Daniel

Thank you AppSheet Team! I really appreciate it!

Still canโ€™t login
" You need access

Your company policy is blocking access. If you need help, contact your domain administrator."

Please contact support@appsheet.com for help with this.