Resource has been exhausted

Dev_TI

In recent days apps have been experiencing a Resource has been exhausted error that causes a timeout when trying to access data recorded in Google Sheets
most often this problem occurs in the late afternoon,
This problem did not occur before at least since last week before the last update I thought it was by data flow however it has about the same amount of traffic as usual. Follows error message displayed in log:

Error:
โ€œUnable to add/edit/delete row in table โ€˜Pedidosโ€™. โ†’ Google.Apis.Requests.RequestError\r\nResource has been exhausted (e.g. check quota). [429]\r\nErrors [\r\n\tMessage[Resource has been exhausted (e.g. check quota).] Location[ - ] Reason[rateLimitExceeded] Domain[global]\r\n]\r\nโ€

0 1 1,828
1 REPLY 1

The message you are getting is coming from Google. Google has a limit in the number of queries that can be run within a certain time frame on their free plans.

I had this issue when I created a public app for a robotics team and had all the users log in under the same Gmail account. It was one of my first apps and I was trying to avoid privacy concerns.

I saw the issue when I had several users actively using the app all at the same time. For example, we would all sit as a group and assign blocks of records to ourselves. This issue would show then.

Do you have a lot of queries and formulas that run in your Google sheets? This was also a contributing factor to getting the issue.

Once I had users utilize their own Google accounts and I reduced the number of queries in the sheets, I have never seen this issue again.

Top Labels in this Space