Hello everyone !
My app is designed to gather data from users and then to give them back a dashboard about their working hours and when they can go back to work.
So, one big sheet is populated by all users every day and many times a day (around 20 columns).
Then, from the main data sheet, I extract one sheet for each user with a FILTER formula.
In each of these personal sheets, I have a lot of formulas in cells : 38 more columns beside the extracted data.
Then a sheet called DASHBOARD gather the most recent information of each user which is shown on the App.
It works but when a new entry is made, the time to refresh the dashboard is very long and I would like it to be immediate (of course )
So I did optimize all my sheets by :
- deleting unused rows / columns
- filtering the main data on the smallest period of time needed for further calculations
- giving conditions to my spreadsheet formulas for calculation to be done only when needed
What else could I do ?
- putting the 38 formulas inside appsheet ? it would be pretty long to do but would it be faster ?
- putting the 38 formulas inside code in google script ? which would be also a lot of work.
- using Appsheet slices instead of FILTER() from spreadsheet ?
- I am on a PRO plan but did not change anything for now.
- using firebase ? (I just heard of it)
I am also thinking about leaving appsheet for Android Studio / SQL database or so …
Any idea / recommendations ?
Thanks a lot