Returning to wrong view

I have a form to register students. After entering their details I have it set to return to the student registration page.

It does not work 100% of the time. Sometimes it returns to the app default screen.

It doesnโ€™t seem like it happens for any specific reason because the form is so simple. What do I need to trouble shoot?

0 8 380
8 REPLIES 8

Hi. Is this in the web emulator, on a mobile device, or in a web page (not emulator), or some combo of all of these?

I suspect this may be related to an issue that I have reported in the bug item below. Basically, what i observe is that when I tap Save or even Cancel, if there is a Main View item โ€œunderneathโ€ that Save or Cancel button, the button tap will โ€œbleed throughโ€ and ALSO activate the navigation to that Main View item.

It doesnโ€™t happen all the time because the Save button active area doesnโ€™t precisely overlap the Main View item active area. The issue only happens when you tap where these active areas overlap.

I donโ€™t see any bleedโ€ฆ

The โ€œbleedโ€ is not visualโ€ฆits functional. When you close this form, What are the Main View items underneath it?

Ahhhโ€ฆok. So behind that would be the default home screen.

Right. So when you tap Save and the navigation goes to a different screen than you expected, check to see if the view sent to is the one associated with the Home Screen Menu Item that is directly behind/underneath where the Save button was.

Yes correct, thatโ€™s what is happening

Then please add to the bug entry I linked above to refresh its life and so AppSheet knows I am not the only one impacted by the problem (and that I am not crazy!! )

The only way to work around the problem is to try to re-arrange the Home Screen Menu options so they donโ€™t fall underneath the Save button.

Top Labels in this Space