Revamping a previous app and trying to send e...

Revamping a previous app and trying to send email to a Google Group, but I cant seem to get the email to get into the group…

I’ve set the “From Display” and “Reply To” to an allowed email, and I’ve even added "noreply@appsheet.com" as allowed… but nothing seems to work.

Suggestions?

0 10 357
10 REPLIES 10

Is the problem that the email is being bounced? Perhaps there are permissions set on the Google group to limit who can send email to it. The “From Display” and “Reply To” are things that are used by email apps to show stuff to end users. But the actual email is sent from notify@appsheet.com

@praveen

I had made noreply@appsheet a member of the group, but not “notify@appsheet” … ill try again with that one.

@praveen so, i’ve tested sending it with both NOTIFY@appsheet.com and NOREPLY@appsheet.com as authorized users in the group and neither seem to work.

Not sure how else to set up the thing.

The Google Group rights are pretty straight forward.

Can you set up the group to allow anyone to send to it?

I checked our mail service and it looks like your google group was also “soft-blocked” because a few of our emails had bounced. I have now unblocked that to ensure there isn’t a problem from our side.

@praveen So… I set it to allow Public to post… and the post went in … but then removed Public and set it back to Members only and it wont…

#open

ok, will need my colleague @Brian_Sabino to figure out what email it actually gets sent from…

@praveen Im a bit surprised at Google too here… I would think that with the app rights they would have more allowances for matching usernames and apps to be allowed in… maybe even a webhook or API sort of things

The only other thing I can think to try would be to also whitelist noreply@1track.com

It shouldn’t make any difference, but we do have some domain aliasing that might affect this.

Top Labels in this Space