"Row filter condition" disapears after I save it

I have a table that I am making a slice and every time I enter my “Row filter condition” - it disappears. Is this a bug?

Saved expression:

Solved Solved
1 18 306
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Try this as the slice row filter expression

([_THISROW] = MAXROW("DSO for all divisions", "Date"))

View solution in original post

18 REPLIES 18

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

Did Expression Assistant open? Did you save your expression from within Expression Assistant?

Weird -you asked that. No the expression asst did not open. I did save it,

I suspect the behavior you’re getting is due to a recent enhancement to slice row filters. Did you get a dropdown that offered suggestions?

No. I had to type the expression in the area/field, then click enter. Then the suggestions popped up. However, once I clicked “Custom” - while inside the expression builder - it never showed the data (Column names etc…) It was weird.

@natalie, can you help here?

@Tiger , sorry you’re getting some confusing behavior here. Yes, writing slice row filters was broken by an unrelated change. Please stay tuned for a fix. Thanks!

@Tiger As a workaround, please type into the box first, then click “Create a custom expression,” then that should open Expression Assistant.

It does. But after I save- it doesn’t show the expression in there anymore?

Oh my apologies, I misread the original problem. When you’re in the Expression Assistant, can you make sure you’re using the formula field, not the description field?

Now it is giving me an error?

Ok good, we resolved the first issue. That error is expected. Let us know if following “More info” and reading the linked docs does not give you the info you need to resolve the error

How does mine differ from the one I find in appsheet help?

Mine:
3X_5_d_5d595d5227cc5c87f91cccb5d0a58dbb4ad7edbd.png

Appsheet help:
3X_5_6_56741a6a229008dbf77f43cc9a21ca6246255630.png

MAXROW() returns a row reference, not a Yes/No value expected from a slice row filter expression.

Oh. Ok. Thanks

Steve - I must be using the wrong expression then. I am trying to email (auto) the latest rows depending on [Date]. In other words, I want the latest rows of data emailed based on [Date] column…

How do I do this?

Try this as the slice row filter expression

([_THISROW] = MAXROW("DSO for all divisions", "Date"))

That worked. Thanks as always Steve…

Steve,
When the email ran this morning - no data was there? Meaning it did not show the latest rows of data:

This data should have been there, right?
3X_d_f_df054f7a16d7ec14661a7c119bbd1314fae3e186.png

Top Labels in this Space