Row Filter out on a slice not working

I have a table that has a row [Type] with the value of Gas or Water. I’m trying to create a filtered view with a slice that contains the value. I have tried [Type]=Gas, [Type]=“Gas” neither filters out water. Please see below

3X_4_f_4f5b532ca8e1538dfe255876f1caceb00c3111df.png

Sorry if there is a thread about this. I could only find ones with numbers and dates.

Thanks for you help

Solved Solved
0 24 1,488
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I did tried to create a sample based on your initial information, to filter-out water from the list. Below is my configuration created yesterday. However, I am still learning also so I don’t understand why it was working.

View solution in original post

24 REPLIES 24

It should be working, also with something like: IN("Gas", LIST([Type]))
Maybe the Table view is not yet pointing to the slice?

Your [Type] column in Logs table which you are trying to filter out is a REF column. So you need to construct your expression like:

[Type] = [Key_Column_Of_Referenced_Table]

Hello LeventK
I’m not following you on this.
So this is what I have
Table - [Logs] (ID, Date, Type, Level)
Table - [Type] (Type)
So are you saying the expression should be
[Type] = [Type].“Gas”

Which table the [Type] column in your Logs table reference to and what’s the key column of that referenced table? Can you give a screenshot both from the column structure and gSheet of that table?

There is only 1 column in the [Type] and it is called Type
I also took a screenshot of the output as well.

I thought I had the expression correct but I didn’t work.

Thanks for your help

3X_3_e_3e47dce85de8a8c062a514eebe8dc7c7b903b2cc.png 3X_0_e_0e58cbdce99d2ee59c8059253e65bc473475e4de.png

Can you try with:
[Type] = [Type].[Type]

Same thing

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

The view you’re using to display the data must use the slice rather than the original table.

3X_3_c_3c01418b5ee7e4dbd7051f70a5c7eb359937ffb0.png

I was hoping that was what the problem was but I’m already using the sliced view
3X_e_a_ea37f244521176a5278bc392f4b94d860f776521.jpeg

Are you?

3X_3_7_379edab9c0b346a8f2b87ceb337044575e53d92e.jpeg

The Type column is of type Ref:

3X_8_5_851af843c469a6b0defc88ff15d751e736065284.png

When a Ref-type column value is displayed, the label column value for the row referenced by the Ref column value is displayed instead of the Ref value itself.

It seems odd to me your Type column would be of the Ref type. Is that intentional?

@Steve
@Virgil_Wilson said that he has a TYPE table, with a column named Type as well, it’s a single column (both key & label) with merely 2 records: Gas and Water respectively.

Looks like I’m confusing things–too many cooks in the kitchen! I’ll step out of your way.

@Steve mines are fried already bud Take care…

The column is a ref because I don’t want hard code the value in the Enum. So it is a ref so it can get the different type of “TYPES”

Actually you don’t need REF for that. You can construct a SELECT expression in the Valid_if and can keep the column type as ENUM or even TEXT:

SELECT(Type[Type],TRUE,TRUE)

OR merely

Type[Type]

I suggest change the column type from REF to ENUM (base text) and use one of the expressions in Valid_if. Also explicitly mark Allow other values to TRUE. Keep your slice expression as:

"Gas" = [Type]

Sorry for the question I’m a newbie of 3 days.

I suggest change the column type from REF to ENUM (base text) and use one of the expressions in Valid_if . Also explicitly mark Allow other values to TRUE. Keep your slice expression as:

I did change the column type to ENUM on the table. Where is the Valid_IF and Allow other values TRUE at.

Expand your column’s structure

It still doesn’t work but I did it another way. Thanks for your help
I have another question though if you don’t mind
I have a table [LevelAmount] and a column [Levels] with levels 0% - 100%
Google Sheet - LevelAmount
3X_4_9_49ae7904cb97c2aa67c7cccb6d04689cccbcca8a.jpeg

Table Structures

The problem I have is that value isn’t percent
3X_d_f_dfa8551b015207ad280d8841091536ace1b3a1cf.png

Why is that?

Your column type is Text, consider changing it to Percent

I have tried that.

I did tried to create a sample based on your initial information, to filter-out water from the list. Below is my configuration created yesterday. However, I am still learning also so I don’t understand why it was working.

Thanks I will try that. I already found a work around to do it.

Top Labels in this Space