Run one action for n times based on calculation

Ami
Bronze 5
Bronze 5

Hello
I have a table in which i have a list of values. I wish to split these values into separate values and then add a new row action with each value.

so far i have managed doing so when i know in advance the number of values in the list and then created an action for each value using this for example INDEX(SPLIT([EMP ID],","),2)

Is there a way to do so when i have many values in the list and with only one action?

To clarify, i want my action to run based on Count(LIST(โ€œtable nameโ€[EMP ID]))

Each action will execute
INDEX(SPLIT([EMP ID],","),
Count(LIST(โ€œtable nameโ€[EMP ID])))

This way, i dont have to pre create actions for all possible outcomes

Thanks

0 5 385
5 REPLIES 5

Iโ€™m not sure about exactly what your situation requires but I would guess that you could use the following kinds of actions:

• Data: execute an action on a set or rows

• Group: execute a sequence of actions

You can find some information on the first kind of action here if you scroll down or search in the page for โ€œset or rowsโ€:

Thanks, however what i need is a solution where an action is created not by the app builder but rather by the data entetred by the user.

I see. But actions can be triggered by data entry. Iโ€™m not sure if that would work in the particular situation you are describing but there are several different ways to have data entry trigger actions. Workflows are one of them:

I know, right now im trying to use change counter to trigger a flow, not sure how it works. I need a change made in one table to initiate a flow in another table

I see. Good luck!

Top Labels in this Space