Run SQL Stored Procedure

Is it possible to run a SQL Server Stored Procedure from within AppSheet?

0 9 951
9 REPLIES 9

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

Nope.

Out of my own curiosity, why do you ask for this question?

Appsheet is quite an epoc making tool, where the app creators can deal with all the required steps to generate the functional app with the โ€œclientโ€ (Front End) arrangement only, withtout the heavy duties relying on the backend service, suchas SQL store procedures, triggers etc.

I need to insert thousands of rows into a table at once. How can I accomplish this with Appsheet?

Easiest solution should be use import csv file action.

Thank you
Records to insert needs to be generated on the fly based on certain parameters. Itโ€™s not in a cab file.

Hi @Joseph_Fisch ,
I had the same trouble. What I did is:

1. Create a table for triggers logs (trigger_procedure_log) (usually: [id, procedure (if you use same table for multiple procedures), user_id, date_begin, date_end)] )
  2. use an action in Appsheet to add a row to this table (and timestamp at date_begin)
  3. Setup a trigger in your database to call your procedure when a row is added to the trigger_procedure_log table
  4. At the end of your procedure, you can update the date_end to make sure you have no troubles

@Benoit_Gramond awesome idea. Thank you

Awesome!

I have lots of logic already code as stored procedures. 

Although the solution provided by Benoit_Gramond is a good one, it requires the maintenance of extra tables and triggers that could be avoided if AppSheet was integrable with stored procedures. This would be a great plus.

Top Labels in this Space