Runtime - Changing sort order

Hello all…

I have a question. I have an App where the main tab is a “Deck” view.

At runtime I would like the user to be able to change the sort order. Something on the view header that they can click and select the column to sort by, and then asc/desc order. That is the first part.

As an addon to that, I would like to be able to select sorting on one of the columns that is not displayed on the deck view.

I know that the sort order can be set at design time, but I would like this behaviour at runtime.

Any ideas…?

Thanks,

RoryF

Solved Solved
0 6 137
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

By default, the the may manually change the sort order of columns in table views. There is no built-in way for the user to affect sorting in any other context.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Aurelien
Google Developer Expert
Google Developer Expert

Hi @Rory_Forde

That happens yet.

In the UX settings of your view: select the Sort by field(s) you need.

Not sure what you mean here

Thanks Aurelien…

I am familiar with setting the sort options during UX design. However I want the end user who is using the App to be able to change the sort order at RUNTIME. Is there a way to do that I wonder…?

Thanks,

Rory

By default, the the may manually change the sort order of columns in table views. There is no built-in way for the user to affect sorting in any other context.

Ahh…ok… so I need to explore the Table views.

Thanks Steve…

RoryF

Thanks Steve…

Can I limit the fields in the Table view? Do I need to do a data slice to trim out the fields I don’t want in the Table view? Or is there another way…

RoryF

I will answer my own question…

Select the columns you want in the table in the “Column Order”; then delete the “all other columns”…

Thanks for your help Steve

RoryF

Top Labels in this Space