Same value from other previous column

nedim_b
Participant I

Hello,

I have the table Country with column “Please select a Country” question.
I have the table City with column “Please select a a Country” that I would like to be an automated initial value with the answer from the previous question.

I can’t find the expression to just recover this automatically as an initial value…

Any help would be appreciated, thanks a lot !

N.

0 15 448
15 REPLIES 15

Lynn
Participant V

nedim_b
Participant I

Hi Lynn,

Thanks, but the fact is that this is not going to be a dependent dropdown neither a REF structure - but instead, just an auto “copy-paste” text value of the previous question that I want to appear as the initial value.

Ok, sorry I misunderstood your question. Did you try =[Previous column] ?

I have tried in the table City in column “Please select a Country” :

the initial value =COUNTRY[Please select a Country] but nothing was recovered.

Also tried :

the initial value =[Please select a Country] but nothing happened.

I tried changing name of the second column so it doesn’t clash with the first one when researching the corresponding column but again nothing happened. I feel like it’s a very simple expression but cannot find it

Are you looking up values from two different tables? Maybe you need LOOKUP. Its late here I have to go. Someone else may be able to help you.

• So I have one source data sheet which contains the following columns :

MARKET | COUNTRY | CITY

• And I have three different tables for the above ones.

The app linked COUNTRY to MARKET automatically but doesn’t want to retrieve the Cities for the Country selected - even tho the REF is done exactly the same way as for COUNTRY and MARKET.

So I had to find another solution to bypass this issue - which would be to only have the CITY appear that correspond to the Copy-Paste text result from the previous values selected.

No worries thanks a lot anyways for your time !

Have a nice evening,

N.

I’ll do more research on the Lookup expression in the meantime hopefully this will result in something that works

So in the end here it would be more a :

depended dropdown from a different table

So I have the followings :

Data table : Localization
Row 1 : Market
Row 2 : Country
Row 3 City

In the City table, the idea would be to have a dependent dropdown from the table Country where appropriate countries are selected.

So for now I went for :
SELECT(Localization[CITY],[COUNTRY] = [_THISROW].[COUNTRY REQUESTS[Please select a country within your market]])

But cannot locate it.

Anyone who can help me on this ? ^.^’

What’s you column structure/table schema?

Data Table

Name : Localization
Columns : MARKET / COUNTRY / CITY

On Appsheet, we have

Table 1 - General information : Market + Country dependent dropdown works fine.
Table 2 - City details : City must be a dropdown from the Country selected in Table 1.

I hope this can help

COUNTRY REQUESTS[Please select a country within your market] is this a column name?

Yep it is but in the Country table which is a depended dropdown from the Market which works.

So the the expression I am trying to find is to link the City to the Country (column “Please select a country within your market”)

So what’s the COUNTRY REQUESTS part in front of the column name?

Sorry maybe I was not clear enough so to clarify :

DATA TABLE :
TABLE NAME : Localization
COLUMS : MARKET / COUNTRY / CITY

APPSHEET TABLES :
Table 1 : COUNTRY REQUEST
Table 2 : CITY REQUEST

• In COUNTRY REQUEST we can select the MARKET and COUNTRY which is dependent dropdown from MARKET (when asked “Please select a country within your market”)

• In CITY REQUEST I would like to have a dependent dropdown from the country selection in the table COUNTRY REQUEST.

The issue here is that I cannot find the expression to have a dependent dropdown in a column included in CITY REQUEST depending on the selection made in the table COUNTRY REQUEST when filling in the "“Please select a country within your market” which is fed by COUNTRY in the Localization data table.

@nedim.b
Sorry but I’m totally confused. Can you post scrshots from your table schema so that I can see the column structure? And please specify your Valid_if expressions for Market and Country columns as well.

Top Labels in this Space