SAMPLE APP: Font Awesome Icon Library

AppSheet uses icons from Font Awesome for format rules, actions, views, etc.

But these images aren’t available to choose from when an image column is added to a table. Users can upload new images, but they can’t select from this set of icons- unless they had downloaded them ahead of time.

@ipannolinidiAurora asked about using these icons in a table’s image column this morning and it inspired me to build a new sample app. :nerd_face:

I found a set of Font Awesome SVGs on GitHub and copied all the names into a new, public GSheet for others to use.

Then, I built a sample app using only the text-name, and a virtual column to retrieve the image:

Screen Shot 2021-02-20 at 8.35.45 AM

To add these icons to your app, you can either copy the sample app and build on top of it, or add the public sheet to your app and add a new virtual column:

"https://raw.githubusercontent.com/FortAwesome/Font-Awesome/master/svgs/solid/"&[Name]&".svg"
12 Likes

Duuuude!!! Thanks so much @GreenFlux this is amazing!

You don’t know how many times I’ve wanted a way to give my clients the ability to select their own map icons and things - but there was never a good way to get the icons to them.

You da man! 25x25

4 Likes

Awesome Sample App… thank you for sharing! :slight_smile:

The search works great & I also love the familiarity with the icons.

2 Likes

Thank you for sharing and spending bunch of time and works to prepare sample app.
This is super useful.

On the other day, I posted a ONE PAGER image for the list of icons. I took another clean screenshot.
If you are fine, add this file to your sample app as additional resources. Thanks again.

![2021-02-21_14-42-06|600x12500](upload://e81OTEUmTIFpDoNXMBA

flCmfQfS.png)

5 Likes