Satellite Basemap on PDF report workflow

I have a workflow that creates a PDF report from a Word document template. The template include a location map based on user input lat/lon. The reportโ€™s map always prints with a streets basemap layer but I would like to print with the satellite basemap instead. Is there a way to do this? This happens regardless of the basemap the user sees when they are in the app.

0 5 430
5 REPLIES 5

@sloganuga
In your Map type UX view you have an option:

This is on a exported pdf, not in the the app. The exported field <> is based on a user recorded lat/lon field, there is no map ux in this app.

Following up on this. Looking at the Word document templateโ€™s html, I do not see a way to specify for the resulting map to have a specific base map type. Any ideas if this can exported with the sat basemap? Again, this is simply coming from a template with the field <> which is a latlon field.

Hi Stephen,

The format rules control how information is displayed in the PDF attachment.

For example, the โ€œWorkflow Template Formatโ€ โ€œImage formatโ€ rule allows you to specify the image size as โ€œlargeโ€, โ€œmediumโ€, โ€œsmallโ€, โ€œtinyโ€ or โ€œtextโ€.

Unfortunately, we do not currently provide a way for you to define a โ€œMap Typeโ€ formatting rule.
That seems like the best way to support what you are trying to achieve.

Having said that, I am not sure how soon we could add that feature.

Thanks for the follow-up. Agree the โ€œImage formatโ€ area would be a good spot to have this.

As long as this could be put in the queue as a possible feature down the road that would be great.

Top Labels in this Space