SAVE a TON of SYNC time WHEN CREATING MULTIPLE ROWS (From: 120sec to only 5sec with ONE SINGLE TIP)

Guys, Im so happy right now, I just drop a sync time from 120sec to less than 5sec on automation

(Actually 120sec using bots, with delta sync, server chache, etc etcโ€ฆ I dont even want to know how much time it would have been If I were using Actions instead)

Im sure this is not a big surprise for most advanced users butโ€ฆ
Manโ€ฆ
I think this is the biggest game changer I have discovered after understanding REF column Type.

Like most things in life, the hardway, is the most powerful and fulfilling way.

The TIP is SIMPLE

• If you wanna add a lot of rows

• Or even COPY an entire TABLE in a short time.

• Or even AUTOMATE a entire TABLE COPY to another TABLE of ANOTHER OTHER APP!!!

USE WEBHOOKS and appsheetโ€™s API! (and activate โ€œRun asynchronouslyโ€)

The best part: IT SEEMS TO BE SUPER CONSISTENT, ROBUST.

You can see a example here:
Time Stamp: 29:35

8 3 584
3 REPLIES 3

Podrรญas explicar quรฉ hacรญas antes que tenรญas un tiempo de 120 segundos y que reemplazaste con lo indicado en el video para lograr 5?

Desde mi punto de vista, el tรญtulo de este post es un poco confuso, ya que al parecer solo aplica a un caso muy particular (agregar, copiar o modificar multiples filas)

You are right, Title was not clear, thanks

I had a bot that called 10 proceses when a form was created.

Each process had to:

1. Create a single row in a table based on some initial conditions from that form
  2. Add 5 Child records for each new row, each child record had it own formulas.

So basically it was creating 50 rows with some conditions and expressions each time a user filled a form.

#1 โ†’ User had to wait until 50Sync tasks was completed.
#2 โ†’ Each sync was made without parallelism so it was really slow, It toke 120sec after really optimize a lot of things.

Now, I have 2 different apps.
One with the form and the other that process the child rows on the backend with a bot.

And no man, I think this may save you a Ton of time in a lot of cases and different scenarios, Iโ€™m new on this but the API seems to be insanely fast compared to regular behavior and calculation that is mostly linear when you have already split your MEGA app into Multiple Smaller Apps.

And it opens the power of appsheet to an absolute new level, so I made this post, causeโ€™ I see most people try to ignore webhooks and to jump over them (I understand, debug is HARD)

• You can put some expressions inside, and you have the START expression that is Dope.
  • You can Async the process so your workflow is not interrupted until Webhook is finished, when you make a regular โ€œPROCESS CALLโ€ it seems to wait until finished before continue the workflow.

API interactions are made on server, actions on device (if they are not called by a bot, of course).
Itโ€™s great to know that this change made your app better and there is a lot of people that will find this useful for sure

Top Labels in this Space