Save date time value only after click Save

gioKelly
Participant V

Hi guys,

how can I save the current DateTime in a field only right after the user click SAVE to the form?

2X_2_2857621181ff0424f36b82912f3bb1eb2e9e7576.png

Solved Solved
0 11 977
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

#1 - Create an action with โ€œDo This:โ€ > โ€œSet the values of some columns in this rowโ€
#2 - Set the columns value as NOW()
#3 - Open the correct form view
#4 - Select that action with the option Events action > Form saved

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11

One way is an โ€œEvent actionโ€ that writes the value right after when you click save.

How to enable a event actionโ€ฆpls help

#1 - Create an action with โ€œDo This:โ€ > โ€œSet the values of some columns in this rowโ€
#2 - Set the columns value as NOW()
#3 - Open the correct form view
#4 - Select that action with the option Events action > Form saved

Hi @Aleksi ,

that worked perfect! Thanks.

Just a doubt, that field should have the current DateTime after save the form but only if the Status = โ€œOkโ€, if Status = โ€œPendingโ€, the DateTime field should be blank. How can I set both actions to the form? I see I can only set 1 action in the Events Action > Form saved:

2X_3_3fa28e71ed1f5a1e9f5358a7ad8e327e30513a2a.png

as in screenshot below you can see you add a number of actionsโ€ฆunder the heading Set these columns, to take place one after the otherโ€ฆtry them outโ€ฆin the expression field next to the column header you can add now() as the expression

2X_1_173159e58e710b776f6157edffed61ca8f20f89c.png

This is what I have:

it works fine for that condition: [Status] = โ€œokโ€

But the same Field must set value โ€œโ€ if the user set the [Status] = โ€œPendingโ€

on top of the screen shot below the expression field where you have entered now(), you can see a + icon, click on that to add multiple changes you require to happen at the same time

Yes, that is to set several values, but what about evaluate different conditions? I have to update the same field but evaluating 2 conditions:

if the Status = โ€œokโ€ > Date Time = now()
but,
if the Status = โ€œPendingโ€ > Date Time = โ€œโ€

thatโ€™s what I need to do. Let me know if I am missing something.

in the date Time columnโ€ฆsee to that there no initial value setโ€ฆset it to blank and just select the appropriate data typeโ€ฆover in the action spaceโ€ฆenter date time as now()โ€ฆthis should work

Under Actions Header โ€œDo Thisโ€ select Grouped Actions from the dropdown to start with

@Geovany_Kelly You can set a condition rule as [Status]=โ€œOkโ€. If itโ€™s not TRUE, the Event action is not triggered and nothing happens after the save. Only one Event action is needed.

Top Labels in this Space