Save File PDF messing with Goole Doc fomat

Hello,

I have a Workflow that saves a file (Save File) to PDF in Google Drive.

I have created a Google Doc Template - this template populates correctly but the format is altered in the PDF - logos moved - space between tables altered etc.

Q1 - How can I stop this from happening?
Q2 - Is there a way to โ€˜Save Fileโ€™ to a Google Doc?

Thanks in advance.

1 13 711
13 REPLIES 13

Also page numbering isnโ€™t working.

TonyR

Iโ€™m experiencing the same issue. I gave up using a logo. the margins seem different too.

#1 - The best way to keep the logo in a same place is to add it to a table.
#2 - Iโ€™m afraid thatโ€™s not possible at this moment.

Thanks for the reply. I gave it a go, but I canโ€™t get the logo to appear on the PDF โ€“ any advice?

Also, the date format changes from the App and Google sheet format โ€“ From DD/MM/YYYY to MM/DD/YYYY.

The Appsheet is a great way to gather data, but We should be able to display the data, to our clients, in a format that falls in line with company branding. What is the best way do this?

Google forms, via Google script, will populate a Google Doc โ€“ Is there a workaround using Appsheet data that populates Google sheets?

For Date formatting you can use TEXT() to force it.

Back to the original questionโ€ฆ

Hi, Thanks for the info - but its not working - no doubt my fault. Can you see where Iโ€™m going wrong?

Thanks in advance!

That would be trying to change how it gets stored. Your Google sheet is probably auto-formatting it. Set your Google sheet columns to Plain Text.

Otherwise date format defaults to the users locale.

Nope.

I have tried with the Google sheet column format to plain text and correct date format. Still getting the same MM/DD/YYYY. very frustrating.

2X_b_b48b73c0c20a6b65c94eecf2c7d3d60f1b127789.png

Resolved the date issue - it was a Google sheet problem. Although I had set my Google account to UK settings and formatted google sheets to the correct settings - there was an additional Google sheet setting that needed changing to UK settings.

Good olโ€™ locale settings. I donโ€™t use Google sheets so I didnโ€™t even know that was there. I had assumed it inherited the locale based off the browser or IP location.

Thanks for your input anyway

I'm here three years later, were you able to figure this out? Please share. Thank you.

Top Labels in this Space