Save File PDF messing with Goole Doc fomat

Hello,

I have a Workflow that saves a file (Save File) to PDF in Google Drive.

I have created a Google Doc Template - this template populates correctly but the format is altered in the PDF - logos moved - space between tables altered etc.

Q1 - How can I stop this from happening?
Q2 - Is there a way to ‘Save File’ to a Google Doc?

Thanks in advance.

Also page numbering isn’t working.

I’m experiencing the same issue. I gave up using a logo. the margins seem different too.

#1 - The best way to keep the logo in a same place is to add it to a table.
#2 - I’m afraid that’s not possible at this moment.

1 Like

Thanks for the reply. I gave it a go, but I can’t get the logo to appear on the PDF – any advice?

Also, the date format changes from the App and Google sheet format – From DD/MM/YYYY to MM/DD/YYYY.

The Appsheet is a great way to gather data, but We should be able to display the data, to our clients, in a format that falls in line with company branding. What is the best way do this?

Google forms, via Google script, will populate a Google Doc – Is there a workaround using Appsheet data that populates Google sheets?

For Date formatting you can use TEXT() to force it.

Hi, Thanks for the info - but its not working - no doubt my fault. Can you see where I’m going wrong?

Thanks in advance!

That would be trying to change how it gets stored. Your Google sheet is probably auto-formatting it. Set your Google sheet columns to Plain Text.

Otherwise date format defaults to the users locale.

Nope.

I have tried with the Google sheet column format to plain text and correct date format. Still getting the same MM/DD/YYYY. very frustrating.

Resolved the date issue - it was a Google sheet problem. Although I had set my Google account to UK settings and formatted google sheets to the correct settings - there was an additional Google sheet setting that needed changing to UK settings.

2 Likes

Good ol’ locale settings. I don’t use Google sheets so I didn’t even know that was there. I had assumed it inherited the locale based off the browser or IP location.

1 Like

Thanks for your input anyway :slight_smile:

Back to the original question… :grinning: