Save from form not returning to source view

Hello

I have a table view based on a slice. I click a record from this view which takes me to a tabbed form to edit the data. After I have done editing, I click save but Iโ€™m cycled back through the tabs and not returned to the original view. I have to cancel to get out of the form. I have the event action in the view set to โ€˜editโ€™. What I find strange is that I have several other views based on slices with the same settings and this doesnโ€™t happen?
Any suggestions appreciated.
Thanks

0 4 187
4 REPLIES 4

It sounds that you have set an event action to โ€œEditโ€ on a form view. Then it will keep returning to the form view after the form is saved. I believe you need to set some other event action as desired or event action as โ€œautoโ€

Yes I have the Event Action - Row Edit set to edit. If I set the action to Auto, then when I click on a row it takes me to a non-form view. To edit I then click on the pencil which takes me into the edit form and I cycle through the tabs as before without returning the original slice view.

Could you please mention what is the event action on the said โ€œForm viewโ€?

Hi, Iโ€™ve just compared the form views and I can now see it was set to edit. Iโ€™ve changed this one to auto and it now seems to working as expected and I am returned to the correct view after saving. Many thanks for the hint.

Top Labels in this Space