Save PDF file to a different user than the application definition

Hello,

I created an application with user1@gmail.com and use data of other user user2@gmail.com. I created a workflow to save PDF, but this file is saving in path of google drive inside the application definition with the user1@gmail.com.

I need the file to be saved to a path within google drive in user2@gmail.com. It is possible?

So far i have tried to change the path in: โ€œinfo> Properties>Default app folderโ€, but the PDF file continues to be saved in path of user1@gmail.com

0 3 296
3 REPLIES 3

I do not believe this is possible. I believe Appsheet can only save files in a cloud storage service that is owned by the same account that owns the app.

MultiTech
Participant V

Actually thereโ€™s a little used setting that changes how AppSheet interacts with the datasource

• By default, the app accesses everything from the โ€œApp Ownersโ€ account
  • But you can switch this to the โ€œapp USERโ€ account

3X_c_c_cca8d1b223a1d52d755e7140d28f54a387d48c59.png

The only thing with changing this is that you then have to give all the emails of people using the app access to the gdrive folder as well;

• so you have to maintain the user whitelist in two places:
    • AppSheet (for app access), and
    • Gdrive (for data access)

I would assume this applies to files and such created as well - though Iโ€™m not 100% on that.

@Phil ??

APP_Account
Participant II

Hi there!
I have similar question. DId you find out if โ€œShared tableโ€ option is a solution? I know that for the table it will work, but will it work to save tile on the user drive, instead of owner drive?

Top Labels in this Space