Say I want to add the option "Other" in a dro...

Say I want to add the option “Other” in a dropdown menu with a bunch of other options for someone to click on. However, when they actually do click “Other”, they are able to actually type in their own option to fill in the entry for that column?

0 5 380
5 REPLIES 5

This functionality is already available; in an Enum or EnumList column type you could set AllowOtherValues property to true, and then it will allow entering other values without the need to click on “Other”.

Okay, that makes sense and that’s what I did, but one more thing: If I were to put an option that is not in the dropdown menu(I’ll use the word “test” in this example) in this example, then afterwards, “test” will be an option that keeps showing up along with the list in the dropdown menu whenever i submit a new entry. But if someone else were to write “test”, i want him/her to write it again fully rather than look at the dropdown menu. We have 50+ people using this particular app, so I’m trying to prevent the dropdown menu from getting too messy quickly, if that makes sense? Is there an option for that?

Set the other option “Auto-complete other values” as OFF and then it won’t read those existing values from that column.

Thank you both, @Aleksi_Alkio and @RezaRaoofi! It now works the way I needed it too!

Excellent!

Top Labels in this Space