Scan & Search In a Ref Dropdown I want to Sc...

Scan & Search

In a Ref Dropdown I want to Scan a Barcode to find an item. The Barcode is part of the Label. But the App says “The can result didn’t match any known entries”. If I create a barcode from the Key, then it works. Can I scan for the Label of a Ref?

1 7 1,177
7 REPLIES 7

@Fabian Have you tried making the key and label same column? Label of a ref is simply an “easy-to-read” representation of the key column value. Therefore it’s working with the Key.

@Levent_KULACOGLU Label cannot be the Key because it has to be editable.

@Fabian the solution may be this; if the labels will be unique, then you can have an appformula in your key column like

=[_THISROW].[LabelColumn]

and then make it both the key and the label. As I don’t know your sequence, I’m just brainstorming.

@Fabian I do this in most of my apps! Make a label column with a CONCATENATE expression and make that virtual column searchable and the label.

Key column

Product name

Barcode kF47ySil

Hot Wheels

My Label check box is on the virtual column called Product Label and the expression looks like: CONCATENATE([Barcode]," ",[Product Name])

I think this is what you are looking for.

@Aaron_Moolb that will surely work. Thnx for the heads-up.

Hi all!
I am a new user in the appsheet (beginner, made two apps already), and I have problems with Ref Dropdown QR-code search.

I have another Excel file that I pick up information.
QR-code scanning does not give the result, only notify “the scan results didn’t match any known entries”.
If I type something on Search field (Name or ID Code), search results finds those items.

I already did follow @Aaron_Moolb instructions, and otherwise all works, but scanning does not.

I have in AppSheet one table called “Items” and Key is [Item ID] + one Label is image-column + one Label is [CalculatedName] with expression “CONCATENATE([Name],” – “,[ID Code])”.
Then I have another table called “Tools1” with [Name] column that column type is Ref, and it refers to “Items” table.
“Tools1” [Name] column is Searcable and Scannable, with Auto Input mode.

Please help…

And if you need more information, please ask.
I will be happy to send additional information

Thanks!

Hi all!
It is working.
But I need to change Ref - “ID Code” to Key value.

So, everything is fine now

Thanks!

Top Labels in this Space