Scheduled Report: Deliveries Incomplete

Hi all, having some expression issues on a scheduled report.

The report is to go out every evening at 6pm, and include a list of all Deliveries that have been processed as ‘Delivery Incomplete’ - this is so a follow up can be actioned.

At the minute I need to include everything processed from the previous day i.e. ETA = TODAY - 1, but in case a delivery is early I need to include anything in future also i.e. ETA > TODAY.

So if a delivery was due on the 20th August but came on the 4th incomplete, this needs to be flagged in the report asap - it cannot sit unattended it should be addressed immediately.

The report has the following expression but im getting errors of invalid input/should generate list of ref values.

I tried adding two different conditions into one AND statement but nothing came through in those reports, can anyone advise me here?

<<Start:ORDERBY(SELECT(Orders[Order No],AND([Order_Status]=“Delivery Incomplete”,[Mech/Elec]=“Mechanical”,[ETA]=TODAY()-1),AND([Order_Status]=“Delivery Incomplete”,[Mech/Elec]=“Electrical”,[ETA]>(TODAY()),TRUE),[ETA])>><<[Order No]>>

Thanks, Sarah

Solved Solved
0 11 233
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Whenever faced with multiple errors, work to resolve them from top down, as the top errors sometimes cause other errors, so solving the top may solve others. I suspect that’ll be the case here.

Let’s try this expression:

ORDERBY(
  FILTER(
    "Orders",
    OR(
      AND(
        [Order_Status]=“Delivery Incomplete”,
        [Mech/Elec]=“Mechanical”,
        [ETA]=TODAY()-1
      ),
      AND(
        [Mech/Elec]=“Electrical”,
        [ETA]>TODAY()
      )
    )
  ),
  [ETA]
)

as your <<Start>> expression:

<<Start: ORDERBY(FILTER("Orders", OR(AND([Order_Status]=“Delivery Incomplete”, [Mech/Elec]=“Mechanical”, [ETA]=TODAY()-1), AND([Order_Status]=“Delivery Incomplete”, [Mech/Elec]=“Electrical”, [ETA]>TODAY()))), [ETA])>>

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

Replace this:

SELECT(Orders[Order No],

with this:

FILTER("Orders",

Best to always use FILTER() with ORDERBY(), rather than SELECT().

See also:

Thanks Steve, I have switched this over but I’m still receiving the errors as before, is there anything incorrect in the expression such as the double AND that would cause issue?

<<Start:ORDERBY(FILTER(Orders,AND([Order_Status]=“Delivery Incomplete”,[Mech/Elec]=“Mechanical”,[ETA]=TODAY()-1),AND([Order_Status]=“Delivery Incomplete”,[Mech/Elec]=“Electrical”,[ETA]>TODAY()),TRUE),[ETA])>><<[Order No]>>

Please provide screenshots of both the error, and of the complete expression.

I have had to disable the report as the errors were causing issues with our users. I have a screenshot of the template and the full expression below

<<Start:ORDERBY(FILTER(Orders,AND([Order_Status]=“Delivery Incomplete”,[Mech/Elec]=“Mechanical”,[ETA]=TODAY()-1),AND([Order_Status]=“Delivery Incomplete”,[Mech/Elec]=“Electrical”,[ETA]>TODAY()),TRUE),[ETA])>><<[Order No]>>

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

Please post screenshots of theses errors.

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

Your original expression is invalid. Here it is reformatted for clarity:

ORDERBY(
  SELECT(
    Orders[Order No],
    AND(
      [ETA]=TODAY()-1
    ),
    AND(
      [ETA]>(TODAY()
    ),
    TRUE
  ),
  [ETA]
)

SELECT() take at most three arguments but yours has four. Why is there a second AND() expression?

I originally had it in one AND expression but the reports didn’t generate any results and I could see there should have been output

I will try and get the error screenshots when it is safe for the user, and let you know asap thank you

Whenever faced with multiple errors, work to resolve them from top down, as the top errors sometimes cause other errors, so solving the top may solve others. I suspect that’ll be the case here.

Let’s try this expression:

ORDERBY(
  FILTER(
    "Orders",
    OR(
      AND(
        [ETA]=TODAY()-1
      ),
      AND(
        [ETA]>TODAY()
      )
    )
  ),
  [ETA]
)

as your <<Start>> expression:

<<Start: ORDERBY(FILTER("Orders", OR(AND([Order_Status]=“Delivery Incomplete”, [Mech/Elec]=“Mechanical”, [ETA]=TODAY()-1), AND([Order_Status]=“Delivery Incomplete”, [Mech/Elec]=“Electrical”, [ETA]>TODAY()))), [ETA])>>

Thanks very much Steve the errors have gone now

Top Labels in this Space