Scheduled workflow to email to each user out ...

Scheduled workflow to email to each user out of the same workflow template.

I wish to send email to each user one by one, through the single schedule workflow (report).

I have table, this is is kinda of list of tasks. On my apps, users post various “report” and then users would view those.

Once the user view a certain report, then they explicitly change the status from “Unread” to “Read”.

This unread/read status is contained in the said table.

On the scheduled workflow, i wish to send mail to each users with attached template where it have a list of table for the “unread” report only and also only for that user who receive the email.

Is it possible to restrict the rows appearing report only to the ones which contains the email address for the addressed users? and each different report to be submitted to the each appropriate users, rather than showing full list of the table of contents out of whole table?

At the end, one user would receive email at the scheduled time with attachment, contains the list of the “unread reports”, and same for the other users, but each user would view the list to do with him/her.

0 10 764
10 REPLIES 10

@tsuji_koichi

Create a new slice over table “Report Addressed To” and specify the following “Row filter condition”:

[Read or Unread]=“Unread”

This will result in a slice that contains all rows from table “Row filter condition” where field “Read or Unread” contains the value “Unread”.

In your Report, specify the new slice name in the “Table name” property of the Report. Specify “ForEachRowInTable” in the “Create report” property of the Report.

This will result in the Report being invoked once for each row in the new slice.

Your Body or Template can refer to the fields contained in the slice.

@tsuji_koichi

I would create a slice that yields exactly the list of records that contain the email addresses you want to send individual reports to. It would include the records that have a “Status” of “Unread”.

I would then create a Report. Specify the new slice name in the “Table name” property of the Report. Specify “ForEachRowInTable” in the “Create report” property of the Report.

@Philip_Garrett_Appsh Hi Philip, thank you for your advice , but I wish to make it happen rather dynamically, as we expect new users will be added to app users randomly. To create slices assigned to each user could be option, but it would butt be perfect choice when we expect additional users to join to the app.

@tsuji_koichi

I am suggesting creating one slice. That slice would contain one row for each user who should receive a report. The purpose of the slice is to filter out the people who should not receive a report.

@Philip_Garrett_Appsh Oh, sorry for my misunderstanding.

I m wondering how we should set out the row filter on the slice.

We perhaps use Useremail() expression to filter the row?

Scheduled workflow (report) should be working on the back end, regardless that user is actually sign in to app or not at the time of report is triggered.

Specifying “ForEachRowInTable”, would extract only the rows which is relevant to the user who receive the report?

Im sorry, but i want to know the details who we should slice the table.

@tsuji_koichi

Can you provide: 1. The App name 2. The Report name 3. The Table name 4. The name of the column, or columns, you want to filter on. 5. The values you want to filter on. 6. I will probably need to ask more questions once I have this information.

@Philip_Garrett_Appsh Hi Philip, thanks for your continuous help.

1. The App name : VisitationReportViewer-539559 2. The Report name : Read Unread Status Daily Report

Part 2 3. The Table name : Report Addressed To 4. The name of the column, or columns, you want to filter on. :Read or Unread 5. The values you want to filter on. : App ID (Email) — To send email being put this column (email type)

Once again thank you for your help.

@Philip_Garrett_Appsh Thank you Philip, will follow your guide. Only one rest of thing i wish to know is how to set “send to” in the report. As you know, i wish to submit mail to each user appearing each row, in this particular case, wish to send email to [App ID (Email)] in “Report Addressed To” table.

@tsuji_koichi

In the Report “Send to” property enter:

App ID (Email)

@Philip_Garrett_Appsh thank you, will try and test that.

Top Labels in this Space