Scheduled Workflow

Hi, I’m making a game out of my App and I have a method of making creatures spawn randomly with a behavior that I could trigger with a workflow. Ideally I would like this to happen automatically every day at say, 3 am. I see I can set a report to run every day at a time and I can trigger a workflow whenever data changes, but how could I get a report to trigger a workflow or how can I get a workflow to trigger on a schedule? Thanks!

Solved Solved
0 4 189
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

4 REPLIES 4

Steve
Participant V

A scheduled report can perform an action (which itself can the perform a set of actions). What is you need to do that you think you can only do with a workflow?

I’m trying to have my game world automatically “populate” creatures to hunt. To do this, whenever I add a row to my “Creatures in the world” table, I have it set to automatically randomly fill out the information for that creature. But now I’m looking for someway for the app to generate those rows automatically too. For it to be able to “generate 5 new creatures (new rows) every 24 hours”.

When I’m making a workflow, I can see the option to trigger a “Change Data” where I can create a behavior. The problem is that I don’t know how to trigger a workflow based only on time of day and not with any human input. I see how to make a report based on time of day but there is no option to “Change Data” where I can set a behavior to happen.

That is exactly what I was looking for! Thank you very much!

Top Labels in this Space