Search Operators

I would like to use search operators in the search box.
3X_0_e_0ed54ed7ab09305e75a94515ca2c1666623f3354.png

* = any text
? = any character
" " = exact phrase
& = AND
| = OR
! = NOT
() = group
Status Under Review
18 4 259
4 Comments
Leonardo_Vega

Is nobody else in the need for this feature? this will make super powerfull searches. This request should be already 1000 votes…

Anyone knows if there is some sort of workaround for using wilcards when searching?

Status changed to: Open
Pratyusha
Community Manager
Community Manager

Luke_H
Bronze 5
Bronze 5

Any reason wildcard searches aren't yet developed for these filters, or the main search feature itself. I do this in all my apps because people are the greatest getting search critera in perfect order. 

I do this for all my apps because the using the search box at the top, or filters on text/long text aren't flexable enough. This only allows 6 keywords in any order, but it has been extremely helpful for us and if filters/searches had this it would be a major game changer for us. 

AND(CONTAINS([CombineSearch],SUBSTITUTE(INDEX(SPLIT(YouSearch[Search],' '), 1),'.',''))
,CONTAINS([CombineSearch],SUBSTITUTE(INDEX(SPLIT(YouSearch[Search],' '), 2),'.',''))
,CONTAINS([CombineSearch],SUBSTITUTE(INDEX(SPLIT(YouSearch[Search],' '), 3),'.',''))
,CONTAINS([CombineSearch],SUBSTITUTE(INDEX(SPLIT(YouSearch[Search],' '), 4),'.',''))
,CONTAINS([CombineSearch],SUBSTITUTE(INDEX(SPLIT(YouSearch[Search],' '), 5),'.',''))
,CONTAINS([CombineSearch],SUBSTITUTE(INDEX(SPLIT(YouSearch[Search],' '), 6),'.','')))

Not sure how its not a bigger issue for everyone? I feel like its foundational to useful searches. To assume your end user knows the exact order of the dataset they are searching seems to always end in confusion and poor user experience for the people I have developed for. Wildcard is would be great, but I would even settle for any order search. 

Status changed to: Under Review
Roderick
Community Manager
Community Manager