Search problem in editor

The relatively recent addition of a search column to the AppSheet editing interface is extremely useful. However, today I noticed a rather serious problem. In a very large app, it takes quite a while for the editor to filter the columns, etc. It tries to begin the filtering process while you are typing so, for the first letter, the editor seems stuck. Whatโ€™s worse is that in DATA --> Columns part of the interface, if you just forge ahead and keep typing you may wind up changing the name of a column and breaking your app (this happened to me today):

3X_b_4_b48dd2ce44b8a0352bdd83f48f9585ba16c24a68.png

After typing in the โ€œCโ€ as shown above, the next thing I knew, my cursor was on a column name, ready to change it if I kept typing.

3X_f_c_fcab08d804520ddd87a85c010c96f9196850a0b1.png

Iโ€™ve confirmed that this happens in both Chrome and Safari on my Mac.

A workaround is to type your search term into a text editor, copy it, and then paste it into the browser.

Given this problem, I would prefer having to hit โ€œreturnโ€ when Iโ€™m ready to search. Or, perhaps the interface can be adjusted so that the cursor will not jump to a column, etc.

Addendum

Simply preparing this post led me to break my app again:

If you see โ€œSchedule headingjโ€ above, that was originally โ€œSchedule headingโ€. If all I had to do to fix the problem was to change it back, that would be one thing, but the name change led to other problems:

Iโ€™ve fixed the problem now but Iโ€™m not a happy camper. Please be careful of this sort of thing when you edit large apps.

3 2 241
2 REPLIES 2

Hi Kirk,
โ€‹
โ€‹I was able to reproduce the issue. This was a bug on our side and Iโ€™m sending a fix with the next deployment. Thank you for reporting it and apologies for the poor experience.

Maria

Great news! Thanks @macastan! Iโ€™m a happy camper again!

Actually, I noticed another editor interface issue:

I wonder if this is or is not related. It was suggested that I should write to support@appsheet.com but Iโ€™ll refrain from doing that if you are already aware of it.

Top Labels in this Space