Search through reference list

nyabynghi
Participant I

Hello,

I have successfully created a reference between two tables. However, on the linked (ref) column (properties), I get the option to add a new property, but I want to be able to search through properties and select the one I need.

I canโ€™t figure out how to do this. Assistance appreciated.

Solved Solved
0 11 1,396
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

A search field will appear if more than one screenโ€™s worth of items occur in the list; search does nor appear if all available options are fully displayed on-screen.

3X_2_6_26336f42271ae766a0f06a3159c1b8588ebbf502.png

To remove New, youโ€™ll need to remove Add access from the table to which the Ref values refer, or reconfigure the Ref columnโ€™s Source table to refer to a slice that doesโ€™t allow adds:

3X_5_e_5ed46cc8ed4578e0a20f2c50cce751309f1aaa2a.png

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11

You want to select a property and display itโ€™s info and child table?

Steve
Participant V

Please post a screenshot showing whereโ€™d youโ€™d like this search-and-select to occur.

nyabynghi
Participant I

Hello, please see attached. Is it possible to have a search option rather than new?

A search field will appear if more than one screenโ€™s worth of items occur in the list; search does nor appear if all available options are fully displayed on-screen.

3X_2_6_26336f42271ae766a0f06a3159c1b8588ebbf502.png

To remove New, youโ€™ll need to remove Add access from the table to which the Ref values refer, or reconfigure the Ref columnโ€™s Source table to refer to a slice that doesโ€™t allow adds:

3X_5_e_5ed46cc8ed4578e0a20f2c50cce751309f1aaa2a.png

hello guys
i need your help,
why my appsheet can not show search??
this my set in appsheet

and this my configure in slice

and this my table

What does this mean?

@Steve, I assume the question concerns the search field not showing up in the linked ref column even though the ref table was set up like displayed in your post, .

@Mas_Syahdan_Filsafan, there must be at least 6 items to choose from for the search box to appear:

@Steve @Ksenia1 do you know how to change that default value?

Hi There

How does Appsheet define a "full page"? One of my reference lists now shows a scroll bar but no search box.

I am beginning to have to use the scroll bar to find a record.

Many thanks

A pesquisa irรก aparecer na condiรงรฃo de muitos cadastros.

Exemplo:
Se cadastrar 5 itens nรฃo irรก aparecer a pesquisa.
Se cadastrar 200 itens irรก aparecer a pesquisa sendo tabela ou slice.

nyabynghi
Participant I

Aaaahโ€ฆ smart. Thank you Steve!

Top Labels in this Space