Security Filter to Limit USEREMAIL() views of data

Hello!

I am struggling to find out how to customize the view of a certain data table depending on USEREMAIL.

The data table I am using lists objects, and each object may have multiple owners. I am trying to make it to where each owner can only see the objects in which they have ownership. I have an OWNERS column where I list each USEREMAIL separated by a comma (",")โ€“and I have tried the CONTAINS([Owners], USEREMAIL()) function in the security filter, but this only works if the useremail is listed FIRST in the list of owners.

Is there a function that will allow me to search for USEREMAIL in a list of text, rather than only searching for the true single value of a useremail?

Sorry if this sounds confusing Iโ€™m confusing myself just typing thisโ€“any and all help is greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Solved Solved
1 5 243
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Please show evidence how it only works in that case. CONTAINS() should not be constrained like that.

Itโ€™d be better to hold your โ€œownersโ€ list as a List type. Try the EnumList column type for a Real column. Then you can use IN().

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Please show evidence how it only works in that case. CONTAINS() should not be constrained like that.

Itโ€™d be better to hold your โ€œownersโ€ list as a List type. Try the EnumList column type for a Real column. Then you can use IN().

I agree.

Shootโ€“I reloaded things and must have just had something entered incorrectly beforeโ€ฆit DID end up working how I imaged it should. Thanks guys!

What same thing? CONTAINS() not working like it should be? What does the second half of your sentence mean?

El row filter condition del Slice puede tener una lรณgica bastante fuerte.
Para empezar, lo sencillo es filtrar solo columnas que pertenezcan a un usuario en particular. Para eso puedes poner como filtro que [ColumnaConMailDelUsuario]=USEREMAIL()
Si quisieras hacer que tambiรฉn filtre en base a otros criterios, solo debes usar cada condiciรณn dentro de una funciรณn AND()
Incluso puedes hacer lo del UserEmail() como un security filter y luego usar una slice para dividir la tabla con los datos del usuario

Top Labels in this Space