Security Filter with INTERSECT need HELP

Hello, really need some help.
I have a user table with a manually added list of “resource ids” that they will be allowed to update.
Then I have a table of Scope items with the “list of resource ids” that will be used for that scope item.
I was trying to drop an INTERSECT in the security filter, and I’ve even tried count, and i’m just not getting anywhere… It’s starting to feel buggy

ISNOTBLANK(
	INTERSECT(
    LIST()+[_THISROW].[scope_metadata_list],
    LIST()+USERPERM_CURRENT[userperm_ANY_tags]
    )
    )

Also here is a video of my setup if you think it will help. @Steve I know you’ve been hitting this particular area hard, and even alerted me of the bug. Do you have any input?

0 16 509
16 REPLIES 16

I would try CONTAINS () - it works better than IN, INTERSECT etc. in security filters.

Wait, I take that back; it won’t work since you have two lists.

@Grant_Stead I checked with ISNOTBLANK(INTERSECT(LIST()+[LIST],LIST()+Test2[NAME])) where the [LIST] is EnumList with the column type Text and the [NAME] is text type as well. And it works just fine. Please check your column types.

They are both marked enumlist with a ", " separator.

Here is the USERPERM_CURRENT Slice data:

With NO security filter here is the “list of resources” in scope…

I will check your test app…

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

Try:

ISNOTBLANK(
  INTERSECT(
    LIST() + [_THISROW].[scope_metadata_list],
    LIST() + SPLIT(USERPERM_CURRENT[userperm_ANY_tags], " , ")
  )
)

What I still don’t understand is why I can’t go ANY(enumlist_column)

ISNOTBLANK(
  INTERSECT(
    LIST() + [scope_metadata_list],
    LIST() + ANY(USERPERM_CURRENT[userperm_ANY_tags])
  )
)

As far as I can determine, ANY() wants to return one value, period, so it forces a List or EnumList to Text. I won’t pretend to justify it.

Holy Heck… ^^THAT^^ is the single biggest misunderstanding of my entire appsheet list career!
Like, I’m blown away

Yeah, took me awhile to digest it when I discovered it…

I tried wrapping my ANY in a LIST() it didn’t work…

You’ll need to use SPLIT(), not LIST():

SPLIT(ANY(USERPERM_CURRENT[userperm_ANY_tags]), " , ")

If USERPERM_CURRENT will only ever have one row, you don’t need ANY():

SPLIT(USERPERM_CURRENT[userperm_ANY_tags], " , ")

I think it’s starting to sink in… LoL. At least it’s working now. How long have we been talking about lists together, 2 years now?

Yep…

Update,
@Steve and @Aleksi you both came to the same conclusion… That I don’t understand lists yet… BAHAhAhAA when I included the [_THSIROW] I did NOT get any results. (I think maybe cause it’s a security filter??)

I also needed to change my USERPERM tags to " , " vs ", "

Still looking into another issue, but thank you both for helping me get this handled.

Top Labels in this Space