Seeking for Advise. Goods Ordering App

Hi Appsheet family,

I am building an app for Goods Ordering. I have some Goods at warehouse, for example like below
Description = Item 1_, Parts number = 111, Price = 100
Description = Item 2_, Parts number = 222, Price = 200
Description = Item 3_, Parts number = 333, Price = 300
Description = Item 4_, Parts number = 44, Price = 250

Item 4 is actually an combination of: Item 1 + Item 2.
Which means if part number 44 was ordered, customer will get both Item 1 & 2.
Item 4 was a slightly cheaper price compared with ordering item 1 & 2 individually.

What i wish to achieve is that:

1. For the โ€œMake Orderโ€ interface, customer can search using either โ€œPart numberโ€ or โ€œDescriptionโ€.

For this I have a single column which is combined text for part number & description. I make this column as the table label, the table key was the part number ID.
At Form entries, during the search user will see something like โ€œPart Number | Descriptionโ€ on the dropdown, but the value which goes to that cell (row) is the Part number ID. From the part number ID, I make a dereference to whatever else i wanted to show, such as price for that item, warehouse stock quantity for that itemโ€ฆetc etc

Back to objective no. 2 & no. 3 that i wish to achieve.

1. If โ€œpart number 111โ€ OR "item 1_"was searched, the app will give suggestion (appear at the drop down list) for Item 1_, & Item 4_

2. For the guy who maintaining the warehouse, the app can show figure for goods quantity for item 1_, depending on how much item 1_ And item 4_ was delivered.

This is challenging me now, as the item4_ was a virtual goods. I donโ€™t have exact goods Item 4_ in the warehouse. The warehouse only have item1, item2, and item3โ€ฆor else physically i need to setup goods item 4 by pulling a few item 1&2 together at the warehouseโ€ฆthis will incur real world cost for sureโ€ฆnot likely to do itโ€ฆ

I am stuck here, but anyway does this info above is enough to kick start a discussion from appsheet community ? Cluelessโ€ฆ

thank you guysโ€ฆplease help meโ€ฆ

0 0 120
0 REPLIES 0
Top Labels in this Space