"Select all" for bulk actions

jwong

is there any way to select all rows in a slice (or group in a slice) and run a bulk action on all of them?

The application requires users to perfrom an action on the entire slice or group of rows in a slice all at once, so this would be much better than having them check off every single row before running the action.

Thanks!

0 10 4,448
10 REPLIES 10

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

To my knowledge, there is no โ€œselect allโ€ option in multi-select mode. If the set of rows can be described by an expression, you could create an action to apply to the list the expression generates.

Thanks Steve,

The rows can definitely be described by an expression as they are already grouped in a slice - how could i achieve this?

You could use an action of type Data: execute an action on a set of rows with a Referenced Table of the table on which the slice is based, a Referenced Rows expression that produces the keys of the rows in the slice, and a Referenced Action of the action you want applied to each row.

Note that youโ€™ll have to find somewhere to surface the button for this bulk action, and it cannot be an overlay on a deck, gallery, or table view, unfortunately.

Iโ€™m having exactly the same problem as in this topic.
To work around the problem that there is no โ€˜select allโ€™ in bulk mode, I created my own select all action โ€˜execute an action on a set of rowsโ€™. This action sets for all rows the column โ€˜selectโ€™ to โ€˜trueโ€™.
The only problem is that my โ€˜select allโ€™ button is visible in every row in the table view. This is not very logical.
Is there really no other workaround for this problem?
By the way, the reason to use a โ€˜select allโ€™ is, that sometimes itโ€™s is needed to apply, or do something on almost all rows, but not all. Then just push โ€˜select allโ€™, and then de-select some.

Nothing simple.

I see two solutions:

1. The possibility to display user created actions on the top of bottom of the screen.
  2. A real โ€˜select allโ€™ created by appsheet.

I also thought on using a dashboard view with

1. A view with only custom made action buttons (select all and de-select all)
  2. The table view itselves.
    The drawback of this is that when scrolling down in the table, the buttons are going out of the screen.

Lastimosamente no existe la opcion de selecionar todo en appsheet aun, una opcion con la cual yo me movilizo para ejecutar acciones sobre filas en la version de escritorio, es usar el Boton Shift + el cursor. Selecionas el primer registro y de forma posterior junto al boton presionado puedes desplazarte hasta el final y seleccionar todo.

BMACHERO_0-1667848685899.png

y asi seleccionas todos los registros de 1 sola vez (SHIFT - CLICK).

BMACHERO_1-1667848726793.png

Hi @BMACHERO may you please elaborate it ? I've clicked on SHIFT (on my Mac) select first record and move on the other records ... but the other records remains unselected ... 

Thank you, @BMACHERO! @FaCe, first do a regular click on one checkbox. Then hold shift and click on another checkbox several rows away. All the checkboxes between the first and second checkboxes will get checked.

Top Labels in this Space