Select Attachment Template By Name

EFcoder
Participant I

Hi all,

Is there some way for me to select a google doc template to attached to my email using the document name rather than the document id?

I need to do this because the template that is attached to the email is not set but varies according to who itโ€™s being sent to. Each column in my spreadsheet has the name of the google foc template to use for each row of data but I donโ€™t know how to select the templates dynamically.

Any ideas would be much appreciated.

Thanks.

0 5 147
5 REPLIES 5

Hello @EFcoder, welcome to the community !

Sadly right now thereโ€™s no way to dinamically select an attachment template from within an automation email task, but you could create a task for each different template that youโ€™re using, and then setting the conditions that would trigger only one of them in each time.

Thank you Rafael, thatโ€™s really helpful.

EFcoder
Participant I

Iโ€™ve managed to get my app working by creating a separate task for each template as Raphael recommended. However, with 192 individual templates to wade through, I must say its quite a tedious approach.

The app Iโ€™m building is for a school. The templates are the 192 different assignments that the students must present during the course. Each assignment is different so the templates are all different.

Feature request.

Iโ€™d like to be able to specify the name of the folder where the templates are stored.

Then there could be a restriction that the names of the files in the template should not be duplicated.

Then I could select each file dynamically by matching it to a column in my table called โ€˜Template Nameโ€™ or something like that.

Likewise, it would be good if Processes had an option to loop through Tasks, rather than having to attach each Task individually.

I love appsheet, but these two additions to the platform would save me a huge about of work.

Thanks for considering this request.

Anyway, must dash, I still have 137 Tasks to duplicate and attached to my Process๐Ÿฅบ

Thanks again.

Iโ€™d advise utilizing Template Ifs so that you only create a single Bot, with a single template. That single template can then contain 192 separate sections, each wrapped in its own template if.

EFcoder
Participant I

Thanks for this suggestion. Iโ€™ll definitely try this solution later today.

Top Labels in this Space