Select metadata items to be applied to the App Upgrade menu

The current App Upgrade uses the metadata of the specified app and overwrites everything.
My request is to be able to select which metadata to apply.

Feature image

3X_6_f_6fea49b22e58ac52ed28ec672a57ba229b074a03.png

For example, since the app specified in Copy app is usually given the name of the development environment, this can be used to exclude the reflection of that app name.
Also, although I haven’t imagined it yet, if you can specify the data source, you may be able to operate different databases in production and development environments.

When this feature is implemented, it would be better if the upgrade can be executed in two steps, Validate and Deploy, to prevent unintended upgrades from being applied.

I understand that this is a difficult request, but I think it would expand the AppSheet development methodology.

thanks,

Status Open
4 3 287
3 Comments
Status changed to: Open
Pratyusha
Community Manager
Community Manager

dbaum
Gold 4
Gold 4

YES! YES! YES!

The list of metadata doesn't even necessarily have to be very long. I think MVP could be:

• A few app-level fields that typically distinguish production and non-production instances of an app--e.g., name
  • References to external assets--e.g., app logo/launch image/background image, table source paths, API AppIDs, automation task template DocIDs
DroidTeo
Silver 1
Silver 1

I think it is something very important to have 🙂