Select multiple columns

it is possible to select with multiple columns?

“SELECT(lista de Preço[Cliente],[Nome Serviço],[ID Descarte],([cliente] = [Parceiro Negocio]), TRUE)”

“SELECT(Table[Column1],[Column2],[Column3],[Column4],([Column1] = [Column5]), TRUE)”

Solved Solved
0 8 4,856
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

It appears you want to use the combined text of the four column values as choice labels in a dropdown menu. To do this, you’ll need to generate the combined value in a separate column (commonly a virtual column), then find a way to display that generated value in the dropdown.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

Nope.

Hi Steve.

is there anything like that i can use?

What are you trying to accomplish with four values at once?

show this way, only the colors corresponding to the condition.

I do not know if i was clear

It appears you want to use the combined text of the four column values as choice labels in a dropdown menu. To do this, you’ll need to generate the combined value in a separate column (commonly a virtual column), then find a way to display that generated value in the dropdown.

Thanks for the help Steve.

I created a select looking for the concatenated list

SELECT(Lista de Preço[Codigo], ([cliente] = [Parceiro Negócio]), True)

Where Table"Lista de Preço" shows the concatenated virtual column

Although you can generate a "Virtual Column" (i.e. Combined 2 columns) to process the SELECT() for 2 columns, there is a downside of this method.

When you want to avoid duplicated record in the "Virtual Column", you cannot use the below expression in the Input Validation due to the fact that the content of the "Virtual Column" will be generated AFTER the user (i.e. you) have saved the record. 

I wonder if there is anything to deal with this problem. thanks 

NOT(IN([_THISROW].[UNIQUE_VALUE_COL], SELECT(SELF_TABLE[UNIQUE_VALUE_COL], [KEY_COL] <> [_THISROW].[KEY_COL])))

Hi, dimonddm

The condition to avoid the duplicated must be put in the last column that compose the unique key, in order to be validated in the moment is capturing the data.

Top Labels in this Space