Selected group/cluster to view on map view

3X_9_4_94b9094196eb75b5691cebd201395d6f825ba67c.png

how to view selected group of pins/ cluster on Map View (sample: Map1 “consist of 100 pins” ,Map 2 “consist of 77” so on and so on…,) if I selected specific Group/Cluster Pin on map it will only appear the selected. Sample Mapper 1 “consist of 100 pins” then it will only appear the selected. Thanks in advance for the answer.

0 14 662
  • UX
14 REPLIES 14

3X_8_7_878b51eb13906ddfce3845b600903bee9be88c49.png

Is there anyone could help me about viewing selected Group of Pins on Maps?

How can I view the selected Route/Scheduled Map (Pin on Map) when I selected “Mapper 1” that consist of 89 pins on map and it will only shows what I’ve selected, not the whole thousand pins? Thank you in advance Sir.

It may not be exactly in one step but in two steps it could be possible to display pins of the selected mapper only.

It sounds that you have grouped the table by a field called something as [Mapper] that has values MAPPER 1, MAPPER 2, …MAPPER10… and so on.

If so,

1. Please add another group by column "_ROWNUMBER "below mapper field in the table view
  2. please create an action called say “SelectPins” with an expression something like

LINKTOFILTEREDVIEW(“Your Map View Name”, [Mapper]=[_THISROW].[Mapper])

1. Please set this action as Row Selected action in the table view “Route” that you have shown.

Now when you tap on a Mapper in the table view it will take you to another summary view of the selected mapper. If you tap on any row again, you will see the map wiew with pins for that selected mapper only.

Edit: Added link to the relevant help article.

Please see the attached file for your reference.
SAMPLE DATA.pdf (74.3 KB)
Note: Please change the file extension name to “xlsx” i-change it so that I can attached the file.

Here is the view of “Route” that I needed to view on maps with pins when I select (sample)Mapper1 then will only show the selected route with pins on map of Mapper1 only.
3X_0_6_06f67c9a3cc19e5aa4311c0db608235f2153af80.png
Maybe the reason why I can’t follow your procedure is because I don’t know where to input it. Sorry I’m newbie here in appsheets, I’m 1month learning the app when I have free time after my work. I hope you can guide where do I put step by step. Thank you [Suvrutt_Gurjar]

I tried but it doesn’t work Sir.

Does it works on you Sir? Can you send a short video so that I can follow and understand of how I can view the map specific of what I selected. Thank you.

Yes, I shared the approach in detail after I tested it on a sample app. Of course my understanding of your requirement could be erroneous.

Could you please share what have you tried with relevant screenshots.

@Suvrutt_Gurjar This sounds like something I could definitely use. I have a similar need, and would like to be able to generate a map based on locations I select in a table view.

I set up the action like you described here, but I can only navigate to one pin at a time. I was hoping that my action would show up in the top right “three dot” menu, or that when I multi-select from the table, that the action you described would take me to a view of what I selected, but it doesn’t seem to be working…

My table of items is called “Realm,” and the “Asset Numbers” are the locations.

(The “asset numbers” aren’t visible in this video clip, but I would assume the idea is the same with or without them in this example.)

Do you know what I am missing?
Thanks.

[Loom | Free Screen & Video Recording Software]

From the video you have shared, the number of pins in each group seems to be in the thousands. In such a case the approach described above ( LINKTOFILTREDVIEW() ) may not be useful to you. Also if you are trying to bulk select with the LINKTOFITREDVIEW() navigation action, then I believe it will not work. Bulk select will work on each of the selected row with a row level action

Anyway, incidentally today only @Fabian has posted bulk select and navigate option tip. I think it is applicable to your use case as well. Please take a look at it.

Thank you for the reply. That makes sense. At least I got part of the idea right, even though it won’t work for me. I definitely have thousands of rows…

I’m wondering how, if it is possible at all, one can generate a map view “on the fly” or based on user selections when the data source is larger…

I may have to wait for that, or perhaps I’m missing something.

Thanks again. I did see that post you mentioned, and I added my vote to the “bulk select map view” feature request, which I think would be fantastic.

You are welcome. Any specific reason you think @Fabian 's approach will not work for you?

I think this is possible. One implementation is below through the interactive dashboard sample app. Map pins based on a country are selected.

https://www.appsheet.com/templates/An-example-of-an-interactive-dashboard-using-a-map?appGuidString=...

The below sample app selects the records for the “Chart” view. But you could select records ( or pins) that you wish to appear in the map view through the same principle of user selection.

https://www.appsheet.com/templates/Allow-the-user-to-filter-a-view-based-on-a-form?appGuidString=912...

Those are great examples, thanks. I will take a closer look. It would seem like those principles would apply to getting a custom map view also.

Hi @Ryan_Wagner this may be a possible way for you.

You have to first mark the rows you want to show in the map view. Then you can navigate to the filtered map view.

3X_2_3_231592f9846034c72506d5a7e5373306f2d90e2d.gif

I saw you other post where you shared this technique. It is awesome. I will have to give that a try. I’m wondering if I can leverage one of my existing columns to use as a “selected” column instead of making a new one…

Thanks!

One more follow-up question, @Fabian

If you don’t mind sharing, what expression are you using to get to that filtered map?

LINKTOFILTEREDVIEW("Map_View",[Select]=TRUE)

After navigating to the map view you should somehow erase all [Select] columns.
This is not possible as a Grouped Action, because a Grouped Action stops with a navigation action. You cannot Navigate + Set a value in a Grouped Action.
So you could do it with a Bot. But Bots run on the Server, not on the device. So it will take some seconds until the erase reaches the device.

For sure you could use 2 columns: [Select] and [Select_2]. With the Select action you set both columns to TRUE. Then with a Grouped Action you erase the [Select] column and navigate to LINKTOFILTEREDVIEW("Map_View",[Select_2]=TRUE)
But the problem is: A Grouped Action cannot be set to display overlay.

I didn’t find a solution for that.

Top Labels in this Space