Selective sync. Scenario: public app with t...

Selective sync.

Scenario: public app with thousands of reference read only images.

Images are of things in a dozen or so locations, but only a few hundred of those images in each location.

For new users pre-loading all images for all locations takes too long. Also unnessary because only one or two locations will be visited on one field trip.

I can โ€œswitch offโ€ images in for the unnecessary locations in the app editor prior to each field trip. But is there a way for the user to select which location - and only itโ€™s images - to sync and pre-load from within the app?

0 10 507
10 REPLIES 10

Are you showing images in a deck or table view?

Table view.

But could switch to another view of it would make a difference. Table is just preferable because they can be grouped

Oh.

And a map view

When you open your app, you are not downloading any images if you donโ€™t show those images in your view. Even if you are using for example deck view with images, the app will download new images only when you scroll more. If you donโ€™t have any photos in your views, it will download the photo only, when you open the detail view and you are showing the photo. This is happening if you donโ€™t store the content for offline use.

I have the app set for offline use already. The images all download in all views - but it takes ages.

There are thousands.

Users really only need to download the photos of one or two of a dozen or so locations, totally a few hundred images.

If there is no way to select which set of images to download from with the app, i guess the only other way is multiple apps - one for each location.

Have you thought to use Security Filter?

Ah ok. Havenโ€™t tried that yet.

Would do the job i think. Any way to avoid each user having to login with an email?

The last paragraph in this answers my previous question.

Thanks http://help.appsheet.com/security/user-access-control/require-sign-in-the-essentials

Okay goodโ€ฆ I was thinking User settings for this purpose.

Top Labels in this Space