Send Email Through Workflow Only One Time

Hi all!
I have an app that sends an email to my student’s parents when they have 3 tardies. The app has an action that adds to the tardy column. The action button is used to trigger a workflow. The workflow update action is set to trigger on all changes. The formula for the workflow is [Tardies]=3. My problem is that the email is continually sent with every change I make as long as the tardies column is equal to 3. A student might remain at 3 tardies for several weeks, which could result in dozens of emails. I want the email to be sent only once when the three tardies are reached. However, I can’t seem to achieve that. Any suggestions?

Solved Solved
0 2 252
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Could you please try with theworkflow condition expression as

AND( [_THISROW_BEFORE].[Tardies] <> [_THISROW_AFTER].[Tardies], [Tardies]=3)

If you wish to send email every time when the tardies increase their count to beyond three as well , you could have an expression something like

AND( [_THISROW_BEFORE].[Tardies] <> [_THISROW_AFTER].[Tardies], [Tardies]>=3)

The above expressions will ensure that the email will be sent only once when the tardies count goes to 3 or any higher number than three for the first time.

Please see the section " Sending Email When a Row is Updated to Have a Specific Column Value" in the article below

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Could you please try with theworkflow condition expression as

AND( [_THISROW_BEFORE].[Tardies] <> [_THISROW_AFTER].[Tardies], [Tardies]=3)

If you wish to send email every time when the tardies increase their count to beyond three as well , you could have an expression something like

AND( [_THISROW_BEFORE].[Tardies] <> [_THISROW_AFTER].[Tardies], [Tardies]>=3)

The above expressions will ensure that the email will be sent only once when the tardies count goes to 3 or any higher number than three for the first time.

Please see the section " Sending Email When a Row is Updated to Have a Specific Column Value" in the article below

Thank you!!! Works correctly now!

Top Labels in this Space