Send email with multiple report

Hi All,

I created a field service app. There are 5 forms that need to be completed and I created them in 5 different sheets.

How do i create a workflow that attaches all 5 reports on one email?

Please assist

Stay Blessed
Dessie

0 7 537
7 REPLIES 7

How do you currently know which row from each of the 5 sheets needs to go together into the single email?

Hi John,

Each line is referenced to a specific store name. One store will be visited and while at the store each checklist is completed.

Stay Blessed
Dessie

Ok. I believe you have a couple of options. Both make use of Email/File templates.

1) Create 5 separate files and then attach to an email using the โ€œOther Attachmentsโ€ property.

I have not used this so I donโ€™t know exactly how it functions. I do know you can create 5 separate files using templates. I presume you can then simply attach the 5 files to an email.

2) Generate a single file combining the data from the 5 sheets.

(Edited: Sorry, these two lines below were meant to be here)

You can make use of an email template to create your email. I donโ€™t know your data but Iโ€™ll assume you have a Store record? It would make the most sense to generate the email for the Store.

In the template, you can insert <<Start: SELECT()>> <<End>> blocks, one for each sheet, that selects the row based on the Store Name - SELECT() portion needs to be updated to a proper SELECT statement for your use case. Inside each start/end block, you can then format that rowโ€™s data visually in the template how you see fit. You can create 5 separate pages if you like so itโ€™s 5 reports in a single file.

I would get started with email templates using this AppSheet document:

Oh, and donโ€™t hesitate to ask more questions if you need to.

Thank you so much John. I will try the first option and see how it goes.

On a separate note - are you able to auto compute latitude and longitude co-ordinates, like you do with dates?

It depends on what you need. There are SO MANY use cases for GPS tracking.

Generally speaking, the short answer is not automatically. You can get Lat/Long coords using the function HERE(). This means you would need to strategically place calls to this function when and where you would like to capture the current location. This can become very tedious to implement (iโ€™m trying that now).

There is a ChangeLocation column type which will automatically update the coords for that column BUT only when the row is changed.

GPS/Geotracking is big topic within the AppSheet community. I just got word yesterday that AppSheet is working on some changes which they are hoping to make available in the next few weeks which should help simply this need.

this helps alot. basically i want to know where the person is when capturing the report details. We want to know that our staff are at a specific store when they capture the details for the different reports

Top Labels in this Space