Send mail to many recipients

Usually my app sends 2 or 3 mail to 3 mailboxes in each operation.
I want to send mail to all my client list. Do I have to take any precaution to avoid breaking spam rules? As for example send batches of certain amount of mails every certain amount of time? Or simply send to the entire list?
Thanks

Solved Solved
0 17 1,307
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@LeventK the URL works and takes me to my โ€œUnsubscribe Viewโ€. How do I get to filter the view based on a Customer Key that I send the Customer via the email.
They never login as a User to the App, but get Emails based on my Users logging information about them, like how many times they visited our establishment. They complete a verbal questionnaire that my staff ask them a couple of questions, which include โ€œDo you want to subscribe to our Newsletterโ€.
I need to supply them a way to Unsubscribed and sending them to the Embedded URL like you explained must give them access only to their Customer Record to Unsubscribe. So need a filter parameter for the the View defined in the URL

View solution in original post

17 REPLIES 17

Can you clarify the number of email addresses you will be addressing with each email, and the frequency of emails you are planning to send?

I am in the midst of implementing โ€œRate Limitingโ€. This will allow us to better monitor and control the volume of emails, SMS messages, notifications, and the like, that each user and application is sending.

Our motivation for this work is to make certain our service remains reliable. We want to ensure that no single user or application floods the system because of an inadvertent error or malignant intent.

To date I have about 1485 records, which increase by an average of 5 per day, and the idea is to send news as much once a month, or every certain number of months.

Hi Alfredo,

That volume of emails sounds completely reasonable.

Please be certain that your users can โ€œopt outโ€ of receiving your monthly email.

Also be certain that you provide a way for your recipients to โ€œunsubscribeโ€ if they no longer want to receive your monthly email. You might do that by including a DeepLink in your monthly email that takes them to an โ€œunsubscribeโ€ view in your app.

Email services, like the one we use, are very sensitive to complaints about โ€œspamโ€ that does not require โ€œopt inโ€ or that cannot be turned off.

@Phil. Is there an example how to do this DeepLink in an email that will take the Recipient back to a view in Appsheet?

Ok great.
Thanks again for helping us out @LeventK

But a deeplink would not be valid only for public app?
I had thought about putting a link to a Google form and filtering the list of clients excluding the list of unsuscribers.

I think for a Public App that the URL provided by @LeventK will open a Browser if the users do not have Appsheet installed

@LeventK the URL works and takes me to my โ€œUnsubscribe Viewโ€. How do I get to filter the view based on a Customer Key that I send the Customer via the email.
They never login as a User to the App, but get Emails based on my Users logging information about them, like how many times they visited our establishment. They complete a verbal questionnaire that my staff ask them a couple of questions, which include โ€œDo you want to subscribe to our Newsletterโ€.
I need to supply them a way to Unsubscribed and sending them to the Embedded URL like you explained must give them access only to their Customer Record to Unsubscribe. So need a filter parameter for the the View defined in the URL

@Henry_Scott
If the customers donโ€™t have access to the app, than the URL you have forwarded will say that โ€œyou are not authorizedโ€. There are a couple of workarounds to maintain that.

@LeventK suggestions for the workarounds?
Because with the new laws around the World one needs an Unsubscribe option to the Customer on a mailing list (non App User)
I do not want to farm the Google Sheet out to MailChimp because it defeats the benefit then of my Appsheet Workflow, making it null and void

@Henry_Scott
The best option could be settings up a standalone webapp which will make a call to AppSheet API and set an i.e. unsubscribed record for that customer

@LeventK ok will try my hand at GAS. It is more the logistics of where to host the standalone webapp

@Henry_Scott
Standalone webapp will be in your gDrive actually. When you deploy your code as web-app, just you need to choose โ€œrun as meโ€ and accept โ€œanyone, even anonymousโ€. Doneโ€ฆ

@LeventK going to give it a try. Thanks

@Henry_Scott youโ€™re welcome

Ok. Many thanks

Top Labels in this Space