Send recurring emails on a schedule

We’ve developed a simple app to track estimates that our sales reps write each day. We would like a function that would automatically email estimates a reminder or follow up if they haven’t been sold or marked as lost. Has anyone been able to develop this tech?

Solved Solved
0 6 883
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I seem to have it working. I created a whole new Report as this one seemed to be referencing old info. Maybe corrupted?

I also noticed the name of my slice made a difference. At first my slice was named “REPORT: Export Open Estimates for MailChimp”. That’s when I pulled the info above from the audit log. It says there were 4 errors. I change the slice name to “REPORT Export Open Estimates for MailChimp”. The audit log told me there were 2 errors. Finally, I changed the slice name to “Export Open Estimates for MailChimp” and everything appears to have worked.

Is there a way to have Appsheet notify me if there are errors without having to search through the audit log? I would like to have the reporting feature email each of our estimates that hasn’t been sold on determined schedule, but checking the audit log daily to make sure it is working is cumbersome.

Thanks,
Eric

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Phillip,

I have set up a Slice to pull in the data I want and then created a Report to grab the data and email me a spreadsheet. The Report seems to work as I have put a notification in to let me know it has run. however, I don’t receive an email with the spreadsheet. What am I missing?

Eric

What do you see in Audit History as described in this article https://help.appsheet.com/en/articles/961739-troubleshooting-workflow-emails

This is what I’m seeing. Looks like it is getting hung up on looking for the source data?

Properties:
{
“AppId”: “6d557947-ae12-4feb-8e00-b81954f53320”,
“AppTemplateVersion”: “1.042477”,
“RuleName”: “Export Estimates for Mail Chimp”,
“EventType”: “Scheduled”,
“InvokedBy”: “EditorRunButton”,
“ServerName”: “produ21ea00000E”,
“ServerRegion”: “EAST-US”,
“IgnoreSecurityFilters”: true,
“EventMatch”: “Workflow event successfully matched”,
“Condition”: “=True”,
“MatchesCondition”: “True”,
“ActionNotPerformed”: “4 errors present.”,
“ActionResults”: “Created 1 ActionResults”,
“Action Type”: “Email”,
“Action Name”: “Export Estimates”,
“Errors”: “Error: Report ‘Export Estimates for Mail Chimp’ action ‘Export Estimates’ Attachment template. Expression ‘Filter(Export Open Estimates for MailChimp, true)’ is invalid due to: Unable to find table ‘Export Open Estimates for MailChimp’. Error: Report ‘Export Estimates for Mail Chimp’ action ‘Export Estimates’ Attachment template. Start expression ‘Filter(Export Open Estimates for MailChimp, true)’ should generate a List of Ref values. Please verify that it generates a List and that the contents of the List are Ref values. Ref values should come from the ‘Key’ column of the referenced table. Error: Workflow rule: ‘Export Estimates for Mail Chimp’ Action: ‘Export Estimates’ Template Type: ‘Body’ template properties could not be obtained due to Accessing deleted file ‘Follow Up #1 - Open Estimates_BodyTemplate_20200213_221950.xlsx’… Error: Workflow rule: ‘Export Estimates for Mail Chimp’ Action: ‘Export Estimates’ Template Type: ‘Body’ could not be read due to FileMimeType ‘’ is unexpected…”,
“EmailTo”: “esilver@fwc-fortworth.com”,
“EmailCC”: “”,
“EmailBCC”: “”,
“EmailFromDisplay”: “AppSheet Reports (Manual Execution)”,
“EmailReplyTo”: “noreply@appsheet.com”,
“EmailPreHeader”: “Scheduled rule ‘Export Estimates for Mail Chimp’ for application ‘Field Estimates’ invoked at 2/18/2020 1:16:21 PM”,
“EmailSubaccount”: null,
“EmailSubject”: “Scheduled rule ‘Export Estimates for Mail Chimp’ for application ‘Field Estimates’ invoked at 2/18/2020 1:16:21 PM”,
“EmailTitle”: “Scheduled rule ‘Export Estimates for Mail Chimp’ for application ‘Field Estimates’ invoked at 2/18/2020 1:16:21 PM”,
“EmailAttachment”: “Name: ‘Open Estimates for Mail Chimp.xlsx’ Archive: AttachAndArchive FileName: ‘Attachments/Open Estimates for Mail Chimp20200218_191621_206.xlsx’ MIME Type: ‘application/vnd.openxmlformats-officedocument.spreadsheetml.sheet’ PageOrientation: ‘Portrait’ PageSize: A4 AttachmentByteLength: 0 AttachmentTextLength: 0 PDFCount: 0”,
“EmailOtherAttachments”: “”,
“AppTemplateName”: “FieldEstimate-129634”,
“Operation”: “Workflow action”,
“Result”: “Failure”
}

I seem to have it working. I created a whole new Report as this one seemed to be referencing old info. Maybe corrupted?

I also noticed the name of my slice made a difference. At first my slice was named “REPORT: Export Open Estimates for MailChimp”. That’s when I pulled the info above from the audit log. It says there were 4 errors. I change the slice name to “REPORT Export Open Estimates for MailChimp”. The audit log told me there were 2 errors. Finally, I changed the slice name to “Export Open Estimates for MailChimp” and everything appears to have worked.

Is there a way to have Appsheet notify me if there are errors without having to search through the audit log? I would like to have the reporting feature email each of our estimates that hasn’t been sold on determined schedule, but checking the audit log daily to make sure it is working is cumbersome.

Thanks,
Eric

See topic “Automatic Alert on Audit History Errors” in this article https://help.appsheet.com/en/articles/975998-audit-history-log

Top Labels in this Space