Sending an pre-designed email

Hi all,
I am trying to send an email through the app that I’m making to a person who enters data in to the app.
It’s a simple app that collects the participants’ details in a workshop, and I want the app to send an email to the person who entered data in to the Google Sheet through the app. The form view has a column called [Email Address] to collect valid email addresses. I created a behaviour workflow action for this, but couldn’t get it to send the email that I created with the subject and the body.
Is there a way for me to send a PDF file to the receiver of this email? I have the PDF file saved in my Google Drive, and my app’s source file is a Google Sheet saved in the same Google Drive.

Appreciate your help on this.

Thank you.

0 4 351
4 REPLIES 4

You can use USEREMAIL() to send the email to whoever is entering the data.

Then you can create a template for that email’s attachment.

Thank you!

Hi @djmalaka,

Hope following helps for your certain queries-

You mention “Is there a way for me to send a PDF file to the receiver of this email? I have the PDF file saved in my Google Drive, and my app’s source file is a Google Sheet saved in the same Google Drive”

Sounds that you wish to send an identical PDF( for example may be workshop agenda) to each participant who enters some data in the form. And that you have this PDF existing in your Google drive. If so, you can use the field “Other attachments” in the workflow settings pane to send this file. If the PDF is in the same folder as the app’s back end Google sheet, then you can simply enter the file name in the Other attachments field ,for example just - Workshop agenda.pdf

If you wish to send an “individualised” different PDF attachment to every participant basedon his data entry in the form, then you may use Google doc /word templates to create a different PDF for each data entry. You can use "Create (template) "option associated with “Email Body or attachment template” fields in the workflow settings pane.

Regarding email to participant after the participant fills in the form, could you please mention if your app deployed? Workflow triggered emails go to the other email IDs other than app creater’s only after the app is deployed.

Thank you very much! Really appreciate it. I deployed the app, and now I can send emails.

Top Labels in this Space