Sending Bulk Emails based on table values and time condition

I am attempting to create a time based trigger that sends follow-up emails to leaders that have not actioned their portion of a workflow within 72 hours of initial notification.

The blurb below (from AppSheet documentation) describes how I may capture the list of leaders, but I was wondering whether this approach is going to send one email with multiple recipients, or it is going to send an individual email to each person in the list? I was also wondering how the time conditioning may work as I cannot compare a direct datetime value to a list of submission times within the app.

I was trying the below to get my conditions to check for row items that are โ€œUnder Reviewโ€(by the leader), โ€œCompletedโ€(review by admin), and have an elapsed time of 72 hours since initial submission.

Any help is appreciated.

AND(IN(โ€œUnder Reviewโ€, myTable[leaderApproval]),IN(โ€œCompletedโ€, anotherTable[adminReview]), NOW() - โ€œ072:00:00โ€ > [initialTimeStamp])

You can specify that the email addresses be taken from selected rows in another table. For example, you could create a table called PeopleToInform having three columns, Name, EmailAddress, and Department. Each time a new order is added, you can send email to all of the people in the PeopleToInform table who are in the โ€œSalesโ€ Department. Do this by entering the expression:
SELECT(PeopleToInform[EmailAddress], ([Department] = โ€œSalesโ€), TRUE)

Solved Solved
0 2 187
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I think you should be looking at a schedule-driven Bot, with ForEveryRecordInTable turned on. For the condition, youโ€™ll want something like this:

AND(
  [status] = "xxx" ,
  NOW() - [DateTime] > "072:00:00"
)

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

I think you should be looking at a schedule-driven Bot, with ForEveryRecordInTable turned on. For the condition, youโ€™ll want something like this:

AND(
  [status] = "xxx" ,
  NOW() - [DateTime] > "072:00:00"
)

Thanks for the response. I must have glazed over the ForEachRowInTable toggle, under the new automation features. Thanks for the heads-up; my condition seems to be accepted.

Top Labels in this Space