Sending Class Reports to Teachers

Hello,

I want to generate a weekly report for our teachers. I want this report to show them all the students in their class, their total attendance hours, and test results.

I have a Students table that has all this data (the attendance hours and test results are in VCs drawn from related tables). This Students table is also a child table of the Class Table, which contains each teacherโ€™s email.

Iโ€™m hoping I can tell AppSheet to do something like, โ€œFor each class in the Class table, send a report to [Teacherโ€™s Email] that contains columns X, Y, and Z from all related records in the Students tableโ€.

Iโ€™m not sure if thatโ€™s possible. I do have an idea for accomplishing the same thing. But Iโ€™m hoping/wondering if there is a more efficient way.

The way I think will work is to create a separate slice from the Students table for each and every class, set so that only records in that class are shown. Then create a separate report for each and every class.

Will this work? Is there a better way?

Thank you!

Solved Solved
0 2 142
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

Thanks Steve!

I was concerned about the formulas/logic to get AppSheet to pull the info from the related records. But I noticed that when I ask AppSheet to generate a template, I see this:

So it looks like AppSheet is nice enough to take care of that for me! Cool!

Iโ€™ll play around with this, and make sure the entire expression is on the same line as you suggested in the other post.

Thanks so much!

Top Labels in this Space