Sending email via Protonmail

Brian_Morgan
Participant IV

Good Morning,

I’ve deployed a simple app to my Android phone. There exists a record that contains an EMAIL field. When I click the icon, my phone offers the choice of two clients: Gmail and Protonmail. Gmail works as expected: it launches and then composes an email with the recipient’s email address. Protonmail launches and composes an email but does not fill in the email address.

Any suggestions on how I can begin debugging this?

Thank you,
Brian

0 3 164
3 REPLIES 3

Steve
Participant V

This is likely something to do with your device or with ProtonMail, not AppSheet. When the app takes action to allow you to send an email, it makes a request to the operating system. The request includes the recipient address if the app provides one. It’s up to the email app to use it.

Brian_Morgan
Participant IV

Thanks, Steve. I put in a ticket at ProtonMail. I’ll let everyone know when I hear back from them.

Brian

Brian_Morgan
Participant IV

Just received a reply from ProtonMail support:

Kindly note that we have already observed this issue and we have reported it to the development team, who are investigating what could be the reason behind this behavior and working on fixing this permanently for one of our next updates. Unfortunately, we cannot speculate on the timeframe of its release.

That was their response to my ticket:

I have the ProtonMail app installed on my Android phone. It works great except for when it processes a “mailto” request. The “To” address is being rejected. ProtonMail shows this error message: The address " is invalid and was removed. However, when I choose Gmail to handle the request, it works perfectly.

I’ll post updates.

Brian

Top Labels in this Space