Sending Whatsapp text

I was wondering if there is a way to send Whatsapp texts when user adds in a new input to appsheet.

For example,
User A key information of person B (information such as name, phone number etc). When the input is added to appsheet, person B will then receive a text stating that his details has been added.

I have concatenated the whatsapp link and I am aware that I can create a workflow to excess to Whatsapp. However, user will have to manually click on the โ€œsendโ€ button in the app itself instead of having the text to be sent automatically.

0 2 1,260
2 REPLIES 2

Hi @Laura_Hong yes you are right. You have to manually click โ€œSendโ€ in WhatsApp.
There are methods to do this automatically, but it requires some work

borja

CallMeBot web API offer a REST API to send WhatsApp messages to users. It is very simple to setup and you can call to an HTTP Webhook task from AppSheet Flow.

Example:

1. Create a Custom Bot
  2. Choose an Event to trigger the bot
  3. Create a Custom Step
  4. In the Task to Run, Select โ€œSend Notificationโ€.
  5. Select โ€œCall a WebHookโ€
  6. Fill these fields:
  URL:https://api.callmebot.com/whatsapp.php?phone=[your phone number]&text=[Text Message]&apikey=[your apikey]    (check callmebot webpage to get the apikey)
  HTTP Verb: POST
  HTTP Content Type: JSON
  Body: {}

Thatโ€™s all.
Now every time that the โ€œeventโ€ occurs, you will receive a WhatsApp notification into your mobile phone.

Update: I created step-by-step instructions to send free WhatsApp messages from AppSheet: Whatsapp Messages from AppSheet - CallMeBot API

Top Labels in this Space