Separate the data in row as per selected customer from drop down list

Hello Everyone,
Good Morning!

I am creating an app where an Executive need to fill a daily task of which customer he will visit on that day. I have created a table ‘customer’ which consist of a list of customers which I have referred to the daily task form ( Table Task update ).

So, when the executive fills the form, I want to give an option “How many customers will he visit today” type number ( For example if he typed ‘3’ ), another option will have all the list (Type Enum List) of customers, he should be able to select only 3 customers and after submitting the data, It should be updated in the database within 3 Rows separating every customer in every row in ( Table Task update )

Is this possible to do ?, Also please suggest me any function and the code.
Thanks in advance.

0 10 434
10 REPLIES 10

So… are you trying to add new records based on that Enumlist or updating existing customer records?

I’m trying to add a new record from the existing customer list in a new table @Aleksi

I’m afraid we don’t have direct way to add new records automatically. It’s in a developing phase, but it’s not ready yet. Though you could use API connection for doing this. Please check this article… https://help.appsheet.com/integrations/api/adding-records-to-a-table

Ok, I will check out this link hope it helps me. Thanks @Aleksi

Can I count the item selected in the drop-down list (Enum list) and show the count in the separate column.

Yes you can do that with a COUNT([EnumListColumnName])

This is the error I got after using count.
“The expression is valid but its result type ‘Number’ is not one of the expected types: EnumList”

Is it because of type? @Aleksi

Yes, you should use number field.

Since my column is having an value as list of customer names,it will give error in form while submitting. @Aleksi

@Aleksi
Can we have a function where if the user input number 2 then the following drop-down should give the user to select only 2 Customer from the whole list?

Yes you can do that with the TOP expression. Like TOP(TableName[ColumnName],2).

Top Labels in this Space