Set custom column permission as per user

I have a table and few columns like name, age, phone etc… I want set custom permission like ‘name’ and ‘age’ is editable for USER ‘A’. Another side, ‘phone’ is editable for another user like USER ‘B’. USER ‘A’ can not edit ‘phone’ and USER ‘B’ can not edit ‘name’ and ‘age’.
How can I do this custom column permission as per user? Thanks for your valuable time

Solved Solved
0 5 262
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Each column has an Editable_If property where you can insert an expression. When a user logs in to the app, their login email is made available from a USEREMAIL() function. You can use this function directly in the Editable_If expression like indicated below:

**Name column Editable_IF** ->  USEREMAIL() = <<email of User A>>

**Phone column Editable_IF** -> USEREMAIL() = <<emil of User B>>

I hope this makes sense.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Each column has an Editable_If property where you can insert an expression. When a user logs in to the app, their login email is made available from a USEREMAIL() function. You can use this function directly in the Editable_If expression like indicated below:

**Name column Editable_IF** ->  USEREMAIL() = <<email of User A>>

**Phone column Editable_IF** -> USEREMAIL() = <<emil of User B>>

I hope this makes sense.

Yes, I am done but that’s for one user. What is the syntax if I add more than one user into that property? Thank you!

IN(USEREMAIL(), {"email 1",  "email 2", "email 3", ... , "email n"})

Bonus note: The curly braces ("{" and “}”) are shorthand for LIST("email 1", "email 2", ...)

Thank you so much! can you help me for another issue? I want to show photos in every entries. In my spreadsheet it has google drive links row-by-row. But the problem is by that link, appsheet is not showing the photos. So here, what is the solution for showing photos into appsheet by that google drive link?

Steve
Participant V

For reference:

Top Labels in this Space