Set picture size parameters?

I have a template that fits perfectly to a page. However, if someone attaches a picture, the photo appears so big that the report carries over to a second page.

Is there a way to set parameters for pictures in a template? That way, no matter who takes a picture, it will always be properly sized so that a picture isnโ€™t causing weird printing problems.

The report just needs to show a photo, not exactly EVIDENCE to be examined. I would like to fit to one page for aesthetic reasons.

Solved Solved
0 14 2,649
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

if you created a format rule for the workflow in the UX panel of the app editor, then the trick of containing the image expression within a table will not work.

try deleting the format rule for the workflow in the UX section

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14

That works in the email. Great. However, your idea does not help in a Report using a document template.

@Work_Goscinski try containing your image expression within a table when using a document template. The image size will respond according to the table width.

You can format the table appearance if you donโ€™t want to include the table borders to appear on the final result.

3X_7_d_7dd6213310ccfa264b205cda471b659d926de4da.png
3X_2_f_2f0de57b8bca4966a7dc7f70e4c2abb58e562108.png

I have done like you said.

It doesnโ€™t work.

@Work_Goscinski the image appears so big because like I said, it will respond to the table width containing the expression <<[Photo of Issue(s)]>>

3X_f_3_f338c138b0745e803e184abd1fd540e54c5ab824.jpeg

3X_2_f_2f0de57b8bca4966a7dc7f70e4c2abb58e562108.png
I believe that is what my picture shows above: Column width is 1 in. in that particular table.

You try putting the image expression <<[Photo of Issues]>> within the signature cell in the table and lets see what will happen

3X_9_a_9a3ce93d7340057f3b0d79218f9de9599a11d9e4.jpeg

No Difference.

I even made a 2nd table with no borders inside the Remarks section. Put the Photo in a 2x2 square. And the picture is still jumbo.

What I see as โ€œoddโ€ is this: The solution provided above by Marc_Dillon works when it is a WORKFLOW. The images resize properly. But his solution doesnโ€™t apply here because it is a reportโ€“even though both a workflow and report use the same template.

Template when run as a Workflow:

if you created a format rule for the workflow in the UX panel of the app editor, then the trick of containing the image expression within a table will not work.

try deleting the format rule for the workflow in the UX section

Hi daw,

Could you please explain it in detail?

I'm very new with appsheet... thank you in advance!

Hot diggety! It worked. There was a conflict between the 2, apparently.

I disabled the workflow solution, used yours, and BAM!

Dancing!

Thank you all for your help.

now you can manually resize the image according to your liking by adjusting the table column width.

glad it works.

Absolutely. I really appreciate your help. Nicely done.

Top Labels in this Space