Sharing a datasource with team members

Hi everyone,

we are planning to migrate an AppMaker app to AppSheet (So we are using a pro account). I successfully created a connection to our existing CloudSQL table.
However, when a team meber wants to add a table from that same connection he canโ€™t.

I guess this is what team data sources are for. However, I canโ€™t find any details on how to make my existing datasource a team datasource. Or how can I share a datasource?

Is this simply not possible? How are other people co-developing apps similar to how it was done in AppMaker

0 3 522
3 REPLIES 3

Hi @Konrad_Schaefers,

Whiles I havenโ€™t connect AppSheet with the Default-Cloud-SQL, I did connect AppSheet with the Custom-Cloud-SQL database. And Actually to share the same database table to my team, he just need to access My-Account>>Source and add the database from there.
My Setting is like below:

Soon after, my team member can add the Existing tables to AppSheet.

ps: I forgot if also I granted access also through GCP or using the service account access is sufficient, need to check that.

Yes, each user can add their own datasource (which can be the same).

However, if we want to collaborate on one app (a key feature of AppMaker) itโ€™s impossible to add a table to an existing app that I created.
When they try to do so, they get a notification that they need to create a team datasource. However that feature seems to be a business pricing plan feature only:

this is really critical for us moving from AppMaker to AppSheet, as we canโ€™t rely on a single person maintaining an app.

Cheers,
Konrad

Please contact sales@appsheet.com to discuss your circumstance.

Top Labels in this Space